Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

*rough* coilover spring rates..?

Sounds good, I'll need slightly stiffer springs compared to a stock body'd explorer because of all my extra weight, so I can at least go off your numbers. Much appreciated!
  2. K

*rough* coilover spring rates..?

I know the preferred spring rates for a rig are determined via actual weights about the rig, but I'm unable to actually determine everything involved to fully tune the rates I need for my front coilovers. Just guessing by what some decent coil spring rates were I'm figuring I need a 350lb-400lb...
  3. K

Kinserin's 'compilation' post (56k warning..)

iirc I only rubbed in the rear against the body and I don't recall rubbing a whole lot on the radius arms... But that was 3 years ago or so I don't really remember. The portion of the front fender you'll notice was cut fairly far back to the body and the amount I cut out was where the first...
  4. K

Its not in yet, I still have to build the engine - but that wont take long. Getting the parts will take longer than the actual engine build. I pretty much have everything on hand now other than my gaskets, but thats because the machineshop failed to mention how much they decked the block when...
  5. K

Figured since I've finally got enough parts and work done that I can show everything all at once... I'd start a thread. Note this is just copy/pasted from another forum I'm on since I don't really want to retype everything again. --------------------------------------------------------------...
  6. K

"Will This Work"

Oh its encouraged something. I'll be bringing my Ex into the shop for a 13 day fab-fest over my winter break... See what comes from that lol. I need a cot so I can sleep there!
  7. K

"Will This Work"

Wow... I saw the first page when it first happened but then I lost track of everything in the Explorer world for awhile.. I've gotta say, I wish I could meet Winter. Your fab skills and creativity are amazing. I might steal that rear end design and redesign my front to match.. Thats beautiful!
  8. K

Front and Rear bumpers (56k beware)

35x12.50R15 are the tires, Mickey Thompson MTZs, and the wheels were just a 4" backspace 15x10 wheel. Hopefully getting some bead locks soon now that the truck is *almost* done, just working on building my 347. Sorry for the late response!
  9. K

Im still trying to think of a tire carrier for mine, don't want it to look too similar to some of the ones around here locally. :)
  10. K

My new fender(s)

The rear has a 'winch' bumper too (eventually will have a winch built inside as well, just cause). And will receive similar treatment on the fenders when I have time :)
  11. K

Yeah they took a few days... or weeks. Working on and off, but got'em doneish. I've been trying to make a lot of my things look good for streeting, even with all my buddies saying my truck is a pavement queen. Don't really care all that much so long as its functional and looks good lol
  12. K

My new fender(s)

And some more pictures of the fenders on the truck, with wheels. Going to eventually modify the front bumper to flow better with the fenders, tie them together and start the sliders that are also getting tied into the fenders, then attach everything to the frame.. Hopefully it holds...
  13. K

Mainly just a picture thread for revenantdead, who was curious about my front bumper. And sorry for the dirt and unfinished product pictures, these are all I have atm until I actually take some more and finish-finish the bumpers... Still need a bit of work done but they're 'good enuff' as is...
  14. K

My new fender(s)

I could write up a post with as many pictures as I can find on my front and rear bumpers if you want. I dont have to many of the construction of the front, and only a few of the rear.. But pictures non-the-less. The front is heavily gusseted, and the rear still needs to be gusseted...
  15. K

My new fender(s)

I made the front and rear bumpers. Only 'problem' is, they dont work if you dont have a 3" body lift, so if I were to sell these two, I'd have to either modify them to fit on a stock truck, or sell the bodylift with them as a 'kit'. Reason being, I wanted the best possible approach and...
  16. K

"Will This Work"

hmm... I foresee some modifications to my truck after I finish its current setup.. At least it solves my problems for bigger than a 37 in the rear! haha Awesome work guys, my jaw hit the floor when I first checked this thread out. Just need more pics ;) Keep up the amazing craftsmanship.
  17. K

SAS Track bar & Steering geometry?

I should have been more specific, what I ment was Im not aware of a means to getting flat top knuckles while retaining my 5 on 5.5 lug bolt pattern on the outers. I've got a 8 bolt dana 44 with flat tops but I don't wanna run 8 bolt quite yet, or ever /shrug lol
  18. K

What parts would I need to stay with the ford 5 lug and I guess the use the chevy 6 bolt knuckles? Flat tops are out of the question atm unless I can interchange bearings and what not because the diff is freshly rebuilt with all brand new parts. I'll probably look into that pitman arm solution...
  19. K

I'd prefer to stay 5 bolt and as far as Im aware I cant use flat top knuckles for high steer?
  20. K

Oh and one other thing, what is an SD pitman arm, Stic-o? Would this be an item I could grab from the wreckers or an aftermarket arm I need to find? Thanks again, its much appreciated. -Ninja edit- unless you ment SD = SuperDuty.. /shrug
  21. K

Thats the alignment issue atm for the steering. I never thought about getting a longer arm, I'll admit that... I'll start looking. Thanks Stic-o :)
  22. K

I would love to do the Chevy 1 ton TREs, but since I failed at planning my steering (I underestimated it and figured it wouldnt be to hard.. HA) I moved my diff to far forward and with the drag link attached to the tie rod, they'll bind because the drag link has to move towards the rear of the...
  23. K

How parallel does the track bar and drag link need to be? I ran a few searches last night but came up with nothing, only found a small amount of pictures that had what I wanted. Did any of you use the stock F150/Bronco track bar on your D44 hi-pinion SAS? Anyone running cross-over steering with...
  24. K

Kinserin's SAS

Just a teaser bump.. Probably the last pic Ima post until I get the thing entirely done and then I'll just make one big registry post. Its on 35s atm and can fit 40s in the front, I still have to throw the D60 in the rear and move it back 2.5" which hopefully will let me fit at least a...
  25. K

302 no start?

Got it running again, was a combination of a weak spark and the bad fuel. Got'er pulled and gettin ready to drop her in the Ex and see if I can get the EFI to work in my truck :D
Back