Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Oil Change interval

What about the benefit of getting the better (full synthetic) oil in the system that much sooner?
  2. R

Oil Change interval

I was planning on changing the factory fill semi-synthetic that came in my 2017 Platinum Explorer (3.5 L twin turbo) to full synthetic after about 1,000 miles (1,600 km) and before my first big road trip. . . But it arrived later than I had hoped and have since only put about half that on. I...
  3. R

Minor Damange Noticed on Delivery: Would You Accept This?

I noticed this the morning I went to pick up the vehicle, about five seconds into the process where the salesguy wants to sit with you in the vehicle to point out how it all works and before I went it to sign the bill of sale. I opened the door (for the first time), sat in the driver's seat...
  4. R

Just got off the phone with the dealership. Ford has offered to pay for the replacement. The parts should arrive and the repair made the week after Christmas.
  5. R

New 2017 Platinum Ordered

Just got off the phone with the dealership. Ford has offered to pay for the replacement. The parts should arrive and the repair made the week after Christmas. Whickey's caution about the repair potentially causing more damage has me worried, and it's the same concern my wife expressed. I...
  6. R

I also added a poll for the Forum to weigh in on my options, since my wife and I can't agree on what is reasonable: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/minor-damange-noticed-on-delivery-would-you-accept-this.455683/
  7. R

My wife and I disagree as to what remedy we should reasonably expect Ford to offer based on this small gouge out of the hard plastic cover above the right-hand set of buttons on the steering wheel of my brand new 2017 Explorer Platinum: The plastic piece cannot be replaced as the steering...
  8. R

It's minor, but it's more than a scratch. There's an actual little chunk missing:
  9. R

Peter, can you point me to the thread that tells me how to upload a picture? The defect is minor, but it's more than a surface scratch.
  10. R

Finally picked up my new 2017 Explorer Platinum this morning. One small snag, a gouge out of the hard plastic cover above the right-most set of buttons on the steering wheel. The dealership is looking to see if warranty will cover it - the steering wheel is a single unit and replacement would...
  11. R

My order was distinct enough that FordService on this site was able to get me my VIN before my dealer. Once I had that I tracked it all the way through to delivery. I'll be picking it up Thursday!
  12. R

need alternative to 18 inch rims for snows

Check tirerack.com or costco.com for valid fitment options. 235/70R16 seems to be your best bet but you can see what differences it will make on the Tacoma calculator Peter provided above. I've always seen going narrower for winters to be recommended.
  13. R

2017 ordering

Happy for your husband's recovery and can share your sense of excitement, since I'm due to receive my Explorer sometime this week. Sucks that you have to wait even longer, but lucky no damage was done as a loss of power like that could have been catastrophic. Fingers crossed it's a quick and...
  14. R

Should I update Sync?

I have Sync in my Escape (still waiting for my Explorer to be built) and I can tell you I had noticeable improvement in the speed of operations after updating Sync. I've also updated twice the map data. Also faster plus, of course, more up to date. Looking forward to Sync 3 where this is all...
  15. R

Pennzoil UP and PP on sale at Canadian Tire until 3 Nov 2016

5L jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum are reduced 45% from $57.99 to $31.89. Same size Platinum Plus from $51.99 to $28.59. Sale runs from 28 Oct - 3 Nov 2016. Couple this with the $2/L online "mail in rebate" (if you haven't maxed out your limit of 2 of each of the UP and PP jugs) and the price...
  16. R

Hood Struts ??

My Explorer won't even be built until mid-November, so I can stand to wait a little longer, I guess. Already have the snow tires on rims sitting in the garage for it!
  17. R

Hood Struts ??

The Redline Tuning ones, their top of the line stainless, are only $130. . . Now all they need to do is make the kit for the Explorer. Where did this end up anyway? Looking at the earlier messages it looked like there were going to get to this in the fall.
  18. R

Driver's mirror wind whistle

They do. I posted in a thread about delivery confirmation, since I was not happy with the lack of information I was getting form my dealer, and PM'ed Ford Service CA (Canada). Within a day Ford Service (USA) got in touch from seeing the post and that very afternoon got back to me with the info...
  19. R

Hood Struts ??

I'm not usually one to stray far from stock, I usually just buy the top of the line production vehicle and then maintain the crap out of it, keep it for ten years and then, while it's still looking and driving like new, upgrade to a newer vehicle. . . But this is a modification I'd install in a...
  20. R

2017 ordering

A big thanks to Deysha for tracking down my VIN. The waiting game continues, but at least now I have proof it's in the system. I can live with that (for now).
  21. R

2017 ordering

The incentives in place when I ordered (Employee Pricing and Costco rebate) mean I already got a very l, very good price. Doubt there's much wiggle-room since they're already dipping into holdback on my deal. Hope that doesn't mean my priority suffers.
  22. R

2017 ordering

I already ordered the winter tires from Costco, bought the rims and TPMS off of eBay, and had the tires mounted. No Explorer, but it's shiny wheels are already sitting in my garage. All that the first two to three weeks of waiting. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in oil research. If I don't get a...
  23. R

2017 ordering

Now I'm getting nervous. . . I ordered on September 25th and still haven't heard anything.
  24. R

heated 2nd row seats

From Ford.ca Build & Price: All models of the Expedition come with heated rear buckets as an option, but in the XLT it's a $9,400 Canadian option ($9,000 Canadian for heat, which comes only as part of Option Group 201A along with leather, and $400 Canadian for the bench-to-bucket option)...
  25. R

2017 Explorer (Sport)-- precise wheel specifications?

Here's hoping the original balance is so good, as is the new Explorer's alignment, that there won't be any issues with wear that will require taking it to anybody. Anything I can do at home I will do. It's cheaper, I enjoy it, and I'm sure I'm getting the best products along with the highest...
Back