Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Wynns Transmission stop leak fluid in transfer case.

Hello everyone, my car has been whining for some time and after recently replacing my 3rd front differential and still having the problem. Im drawn to the transfer case no as the problem and was wondering if anyone thought it was a good idea to put Wynns transmission stop leak in to see if it...
  2. A

Transfer case sending power to the front wheels when not needed.

Hi thanks for getting back to me, I did replace the shift motor but it just ended up locking the transfer case in 4hi constantly but still shifted fine to 4lo. When it was off I did move the shaft on the transfer case by hand as it moved freely. I've ended up removing the front prop shaft...
  3. A

Whine noise while accelerating/cruising

Hey guys, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead as I'm having a similar problem. The noise from mine is coming from the front and having just replaced my 2nd diff and a transfer case to try and solve it the noise is still there. The rear diff was making a noise but I replaced the oil and...
  4. A

Yeah im running 235,70/16 Conti Cross contact all weather on all 4 wheels.
  5. A

Hello everyone, I'm having all sorts of problems with my transfer case and drivetrain in general. My car is making a horrendous whining noise when it's under acceleration anywhere from 20mph and up. I replaced the front differential to find the noise was still there, I then replaced the trans...
  6. A

New member needing some help

Hello everyone I have a 98 SOHC V6 in the UK and it is running very rough on cold start ups. I've replaced the PCV valve and the idle air control valve which did make a difference, albeit for the engine to rev quite high every time it's started hot or cold. Is there any suggestions on what I...
Back