Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

PIUs - Ford Develops Software To Bake Away Coronavirus In Police Vehicles

I follow the city of Santa Barbra Fleet Management on youtube and they posted a video about this update. Then did the same thing with a malibu and a crown vic just by turning the heat on. Not sure why they needed any special software for this. Just turn the heat on and leave it running for 90...
  2. T

2016 FPIU 50K Mile Update video

I did a video on the (minor) issues I've had with the FPIU if anyone is interested..
  3. T

What is this?

Anyone know what this is? On a 2017 FPIU
  4. T

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

you just changed the title. It originally said ESP.
  5. T

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

I think the confusion is people, including myself, aren't familiar with the term ESP or who Joel is. First I thought it was Employee Special Pricing.. but now I assume it means extended service plan, but no need to get salty.
  6. T

Possible to Supercharge the 3.7L Engine?

No problem... Seems like the "front" of the motor is different than on the mustang...for one there is a motor mount there. But it's also not as flat as the mustang. But I totally think it's doable. Hold my beer while I start a gofundme. lol.
  7. T

High charge voltage

Good news, thanks to the tip from @KayGee I changed the battery type to AGM and now the charge voltage is right where it should be for AGMs 13.5v.
  8. T

High charge voltage

I did this already (it's in the first post)
  9. T

High charge voltage

Very interesting! I did find it on the forscan explorer spreadsheet. I will try this later. Thanks!!
  10. T

I contacted HP tuners and they said it should work. Thanks for the tip!
  11. T

High charge voltage

Mods, could you move this to the interceptor forum please? I thought it would be a general question, now I'm not so sure.
  12. T

High charge voltage

So charge voltage is back down to normal. A word of warning: I don't know the specifics, but I'm going to make the hypothesis that the Interceptor's charging system is designed to rapidly recharge flooded cell batteries in the event the battery is low. More rapidly than a car normally would...
  13. T

So I started getting the bug for a new project, despite me knowing better to mess with my daily driver lol.... But I love unique builds. I've previously built a turbo kit for my GSXR 750 from scratch... and for many years I owned a company developing 2nd gen RX7 and 1st gen DSM tuning products...
  14. T

High charge voltage

I could tell over the past several months the OEM battery in my 2016 (FPIU) was dying because every morning the resting voltage was lower and lower as the days and months went on.. But it started fine. It has always maintained right around 14V when running. This morning it was a VERY slow...
  15. T

Leaking Motor Mount

My the passenger side mount on my 2016 FPIU with 38k just failed. I was surprised to see drops of oil in the garage. I had hit an animal prior and thought it might be blood. Looking under the hood, I can see it's all over that side of the engine bay. Took me a bit to figure out where it was...
  16. T

Pursuit mode

Says PremiumCARE 84 month, 100k miles, $100 deductible I remember them saying that this covered some sort of maintenance that the 3/36 didn't. But I haven't read the details.
  17. T

Pursuit mode

I never brought it in... It's such a pain dealing with a dealer. Taking off form work, etc. Now I'm over 36k. I have to see what is covered under Ford's extended warranty I have.
  18. T

That mustang sound..

I've never heard a V6 with exhaust that sounded good. There's just something about a V6 that never sounds good IMO.
  19. T

Tesla Style Headunit

Who makes the one you got? List of issues I had with the unit I got that looked identical (Made by Kirinavi): Wifi turns off whenever you turn the car off. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stay on. Google maps was unusably slow. (20 second screen render times) Outside Temperature...
  20. T

Tesla Style Headunit

Coming out with a whole video on it. But it was super buggy.
  21. T

Tesla Style Headunit

I bought a Kirinavi and it was a piece of junk.
  22. T

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

I purchased a Kirinavi tesla style unit from china. I also returned it. I shot an unboxing on my youtube. I have an install/problems/deinstall video shot, just need to edit it.
  23. T

Pursuit mode

Yeah I was worried about that. Which is why I was going to try to get it covered under warranty...
  24. T

Pursuit mode

Both my rear D pillar covers are cracked in the same spot at the top The car creaks when you pull out of a driveway like it's falling apart The steering wheel makes noises when you turn it, especially when it's cold. The rubber strip on the rain gutter is lifting off The rubber seals at the base...
  25. T

replacing rear door speaker grills

I was asking about the rear doors.. The diagram they have for the rear door looks different than my door panel. And they don't have any diagrams for the 2016. But my panel looks like this ebay listing. 2012 2013 2014 2015 FORD EXPLORER REAR LEFT DRIVER DOOR PANEL POLICE INTERCEPTOR | eBay It...
Back