Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Yeah I saw the news clip. I just wasn't sure if it was the same as what I was experiencing. I will bring it up at the next service and see what they say although I am sure they will try to pass it off as a non issue and do nothing.
  2. J

Thanks for the link. Due to the smell I had already assumed it was something to do with the Cats and them not liking when we give it the full beans haha. I don't think it is anything serious as it is only under hard accel. I certainly don't smell exhaust under normal driving or at highway speeds...
  3. J

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

I guess maybe I am using the wrong phrasing. It was the tube coming off the rear turbo that both of the bov recirculation hoses plug into. Just figured it was some kind of intake tube. Also the rear BOV has a little oil residue inside of the vent opening. Again nothing crazy. Just curious if it...
  4. J

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Just did this mod on mine and while in the process of doing it I too noticed oil residue in the tubing (both the recirc tubes and the intake tubing). Not a lot, just some residue. Is this a common issue with these engines or cause for concern. Our sport only has 10,x.. miles on it and no other mods.
  5. J

Thanks for the link. Due to the smell I had already assumed it was something to do with the Cats and them not liking when we give it the full beans haha. I don't think it is anything serious as it is only under hard accel. I certainly don't smell exhaust under normal driving or at highway speeds...
  6. J

2016 Explorer Sport here with 10,x.. miles and under hard acceleration I get the rotten egg sulfur smell in the cabin pretty strong and have pretty much since we bought it. Smells like when you drive behind a car with a bad Catalytic Converter. I have never had another car make this smell under...
Back