Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

How did you cut out for the key pad? Another thought. If you precut these I think explorer owners would buy them from you. I would. I can't fins any precut online.
  2. E

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Very nice. The shiny black shows finger prints. Did this come in a kit or did you cut it your self? About how long did this take you. Was it hard to cut the pieces to fit? Could you show everyone the procedure? I'm sure a lot of people will want to do this.
  3. E

Hi, I really like that look. Did it come in a kit or did you cut it your self? About how long...

Hi, I really like that look. Did it come in a kit or did you cut it your self? About how long did it take you and where did you get the carbon fiber? Thanks, Earl Taylor
  4. E

Post Your White Explorers!

What have they done to the fog lights? I like my 17 lights. When I turn a corner on a dark street, it lights up the side. It still looks like it might light up the side. I really like the grille.
  5. E

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Has anyone put a led light bar on a2016/17 explorer? I want to put one on mine, but don't want to take the grille out. The shutters block a way to run the wire in front of the radiator.
  6. E

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

I found it. CBS news 4 Aug 2017. Montgomery Co. Maryland. Shows video of crack in exhaust manifold. I thought it was the exhaust pipe. I don't know how to bring up the news network. I just type in google video of inspection of police ford explorer. I had to go through about 6 before I found it...
  7. E

Sorry, I couldn't find the video. It was a national news station. It showed the cracks not far from the engine and on top of the pipe. He had a flex video camera that went on top of the pipe Maybe someone else can find it. If I see it again I will write down who it was.
  8. E

I saw an ABC report last night with a video, Austin TX police had 80 (I think) explorers with cracks in the exhaust pipes. It showed the cracks. Some of the explorers were administrative and hadn't been modified. They pulled all off the streets.
  9. E

Right rear rotor score lines

I have a 2017 limited. It was built in Sept 2016. Bought it in Nov 2016. Now have 3,000 mile on it. I noticed yesterday that the right rear rotor has score lines in it. About 5 lines. Can't tell if it has cut into the rotor. Seems like something is on the brake pad. The other 3 rotors are really...
  10. E

Hands-Free tailgate issues

I disconnected mine. Put vaseline in the connectors to keep water/ salt from getting in. Tied wires up with tie straps.
  11. E

2017 Grille question

I had a 2016 XLT, blue jean color. I found a chrome grille overlay on amazon. I now have a 2017 white limited. I don't think the chrome will show up very well. Has anyone seen any black grille overlays out there? Thanks, Earl
  12. E

2017 LED headlights question

I was looking at my head lights under the hood. I removed the rubber dust cover off. I could see the halogen bulb, but not the led bulb. How can this be changed if it ever burns out? I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and still have lots of warranty, but jus curious. Thanks Earl:dunno:
  13. E

Uncomfortable front seats

Hi, Peter Even with the front of the seat all the way down it still seamed to high in the front. I did use to power button. Earl
  14. E

Uncomfortable front seats

I have noticed a difference between the cooled limited and not cooled XLT seats. The XLT seats have more cushioning in them and ride softer. The limited seats because they are ventilated have less cushioning in them. The seats are a little short and skinny I have A 2015 F150 and the seats are...
  15. E

Front license plate holder removal

I saw in a post "somewhere", can't find it now. They had removed the front license plate holder and put plastic pins in the holes. Could someone help me with this? Also, found something interesting. I was vacuuming out my 2017 limited. Had the drivers seat all the way up. I noticed on the vent...
  16. E

Need some help.

Thanks, guys:burnout: I found it on those pages. I hate reading through the owners manual. I'm getting old and don't have the time.
  17. E

Need help.

I traded a 2016 XLT with my ford touch. Lots of voice climate controls. Set fan speed. floor/wind shield on recirculate on/off, etc. Just bought 2017 limited with sync 3. It seems to only have 1 voice command for climate. That is to set temp. Am I missing something? All other options have to be...
  18. E

Need some help.

Just bought 2017 limited. How to the automatic power fold mirrors work? I have them set. How do the remote windows work?:confused2: I can't find anything in the book.
  19. E

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

:cool2:I cut a 1/4" thick piece of ply wood, wrapped it in plastic, taped it and put on top of my seat backs. No problems.
  20. E

Front camera on XLT

Has anyone put a front camera and monitor on an XLT? I've looked at different options and can't decide. Any suggestions other than I should have bought a limited. :moon:
  21. E

Brand new 17 Explorer shakes so bad makes us sick,

My 2016 had a label around the center pipe of exhaust. Burn smell. Putty knife and emery cloth.
  22. E

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

When I had my 2015 Limited, I took an glass case half screwed over the switches.
  23. E

Grill overlay

I'm not sure how to post photos. Could use some help. I would also like to put photo of my explorer on my signature. It shows good photos on amazon. The grille only took 2 days to get to me.
  24. E

Grill overlay

Just put a chrome grille over lay on my 2016 XLT. Looks really good. $115 amazon with free shipping. Also have ordered chrome fog light surrounds. $45 amazon with free shipping.
  25. E

2016 Explorer LImited - hate the grille

I bought a chrome overlay from Amazon. $115 with free shipping. Got it in 2 days. Looks really good. Also ordered chrome overlay for the fog lights. $45 with free shipping. Takes 2 weeks to get here. The fog light overlay link is wrong I don't know how to do the amazon site.
Back