Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

I don't think anyone makes them. I haven't seen any ST with anything similar so maybe I'll be the first?
  2. R

N-fab style step bars

Passenger side is near completion. Just need to weld on some spacers to the old mounting brackets to bring the main tube of the step bars up closer to the underside of the cab so that the mounts aren't easily visible. Drill some holes, check for fit, then start on driver side.
  3. R

N-fab style step bars

Cut the old mounts off, tack welded a jig to make sure they would line back up after repositioning.
  4. R

N-fab style step bars

So I bought some go rhino step bars for the 04 - 08 f150 as I guessed that the position of the steps would be about the same. I guessed correct but knew the mounting points needed modification. I finally had a chance to work on the step bars this weekend.
  5. R

Step Pads on tube side bars coming loose or pulling up at ends?

Still applicable here. The plastic step pad on the rear end of one of the running boards on the ST keeps popping up. I'm not a fan of running boards so I took them off... Soon to be replaced with some step bars.
  6. R

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Getting rid of the ugly running boards and replacing with step bars that I'm modifying to fit the ST.
  7. R

Offical: Post your ST pics

Looks phenomenal. Nice change.
  8. R

Mechanic removed counterweight, claims it's non-essential. Offered to weld it back in.

100% agree with TechGuru. Hey, for sh*ts and giggles, start a poll. I'll bet most of us will vote for the recommendation to replace.
  9. R

Hello!

Soy Mexicano. ¡Bienvenidos!
  10. R

Mechanic removed counterweight, claims it's non-essential. Offered to weld it back in.

Other things to consider that I didn't mention in my previous post: 1. This weight that he cut probably has a part number. Would you allow him to cut anything else with a part number and then fuse it back together? I hope not. 2. It is transparent that you feel uneasy about it which means if you...
  11. R

Have him replace it. The only way he will get a clean weld is by butting the two pieces together so he doesn't have to worry about his filler material touching the cement, thus, avoiding putting porosity in the weld. The problem with this is that the weld will only be on the surface of the...
  12. R

My Jurrasic Explorer build thread

This is good stuff! Awesome job.
  13. R

re: A Question For Anyone Running a K&N CAI On a Gen 2 V8

I think the 7" would fit. The only thing I see in the near vicinity where the filter would be is the windshield wiper fluid fill tube. In searching for some pics, I think a 7" would tuck in just fine behind the headlight. But with 6" you'll be fine. Too bad you can't just drive over and pick up...
  14. R

re: A Question For Anyone Running a K&N CAI On a Gen 2 V8

If the airbox is a true enclosed box, I would not recommend it as you will actually decrease the airflow by stuffing the larger filter into the same size box. BUT, I'll bet the "airbox" only consists of a couple sides to it so airflow should not be a problem. For clearance, are you able to take...
  15. R

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Perfectly stated.
  16. R

Angle's new shoes..

I like it! Tread looks great. The white outlined print on the tires suits the body paint well. Great match.
  17. R

What the weird?

I went on fordparts.com, typed in my VIN to look up ring and pinion info and it lists 3.73s for the forward diff and nothing for the rear. The truck isn't 4wd so obviously the foward diff isn't applicable. What the weird? Typing in the truck's info (VIN omitted) shows 3.55s or 3.73s. I'm confused.
  18. Image

My Ford family
  19. R

ProComp shocks

im looking for aftermarket shocks for my 07 ST. There are a few no-name brands I've found that I won't use; I only stick with the big companies when it comes to shocks. I'm not a fan of Rancho. But I found these from ProComp...
  20. R

N-fab style step bars

Crickets...
  21. R

N-fab style step bars

I'm not a big fan of the stock running boards that reside with my 07 ST. The plastic looks cheap and the top piece that you step on constantly pops up. I love the look of the n fab step bars but don't see anything available. Here is an example of what is available for the 03-08 expedition...
  22. R

98 mountaineer made it onto peaks FB page

That's pretty cool. Congrats and well done!
  23. R

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Definitely. I've learned quite a bit already with a little bit of surfing the site each day.
  24. R

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Sure, I can spare $20.
Back