Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Coolant leak from water pump bolt

koda2000, Kseal is still holding up and have done numerous drives 20 miles or less. No coolant loss or any sign of clogging issues. I am sold on that product and will wait until spring to change water pump, timing cover, gears and chain. Thanks for the link and the insight to go that route I...
  2. S

So per koda2000's advice, I went ahead and used k seal. It stopped the leak within a few minutes and seems to be holding. I have yet to make a longer drive but think I will go for a nice drive this morning. I think it needs to circulate a bit more and get it distributed throughout the cooling...
  3. S

After looking at parts available on O'Reilly's website it seems that I may actually be looking at a stud that goes all the way through the timing cover into the block. I am hoping that I am wrong but will be changing out the water pump this coming weekend and Gasket and hoping that takes care of...
  4. S

Definitely not the thermostat housing as I changed that a month ago. Also changed the bypass and upper hoses. So if the WP holes are blind then will try pulling the bolt and squishing some rtv into bolt hole first and check for leaks. I have some pipe dope also if that would be better. Hoping...
  5. S

I have coolant leaking from the lower drivers side water pump bolt on a 98 4.0 sohc. I am curious if this means the timing cover is leaking or is it just the water pump itself? I can see a gasket there but also am wondering if that bolt goes through the timing cover into the block or just in the...
  6. S

98 explorer AC issues

All AC fuses and relays checked and good.High and low side gaskets checked out and are tight. I agree that it is low r 134a but just bought this vehicle last month so do not really know its history. Taking it next weekend to a shop and they are going to do a draw down and diagnostic on it...
  7. S

98 explorer AC issues

.I bought a 98 Eddie Bauer from a guy on craigslist and was a little too eager to hand over my hard earned cash, so have been chasing issues as they pop up but am still stuck on the AC on this rig. It was not blowing cold air and the clutch was not cycling at all. I added about 9 oz of R 134a...
Back