Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Comment by 'gcap' in media 'Bronco638's Ex'

dude, what type of lift do you have on that? Looks nice
  2. G

1998 AWD 5.0 Explorer to RWD

I am going to see if there is a way to convert the AWD to a 4x4 without spending a ton of cash. I just want the option of 2wd when I am on the streets.
  3. G

So you have removed the shaft with no problems except for that? When the tranny is in park, dosent that lock the front as well as rear shafts?
  4. G

Has anyone taken out the front driveshaft of their AWD Explorer because the gas milage is garbage with the AWD on all the time? No need for AWD right now and I want to convert the truck to rear wheel drive. If I remove the front driveshaft will there be any problems with the yolk in the front...
  5. G

weird sound

I am glad someone else is hearing this also. I think I have to second your motion that it has to do with the ABS because in CT the streets are covered with snow and this is the only time I have heard it. It happened today when the ABS engaged for the first time in the ride, about 3 seconds...
  6. G

Sloppy suspension (poly bushings)

My 98 Explorer XLT V8 feels like garbage over bumps. It has 116K on the odometer so I just did the Edelbrock IAS shocks which did clean up some of the "slop" but when I hit potholes the front suspension just feels loose. Has anyone done poly bushings? Any luck? Could this sloppy feeling over...
  7. G

weird sound

I am curious if anyone else has heard this... I have a 98 XLT V8 and now that it is freezing I am hearing an odd sound a few mins after I start the truck. It is a 1 second low pitched electronic "squeel" coming from the guage cluster vicinity. It only does it 1 time and only every once in...
  8. G

How to: Lower your explorer (pics)

Thanks.. I will see what I can do this weekend. I think I will go with the poly bushings also.
  9. G

How to: Lower your explorer (pics)

After you lower you explorer like this, how does it handle? I am looking to make my 98 xlt's handling tighter. Its got about 110k on it and I have seen 2 packages that sound like they make a good combo so far. One is 400 or so, bucks for the upgraded rear swaybar and lowering blocks with...
  10. G

EBay Billet Grilles - Yay or Nay?

Billett Grille Ebay I bought one for a 98 explorer. You have to cut out the existing grille piece and then drill to install the new one. It seems a bit flimsy, and I have not yet installed it. I am still deciding if I like it.
Back