Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Well I found my problem but I don't know part this is. Will an expert look? (pic)

Well I got her working again. I found the broken piece in the lower vent but there was no way to glue it back on I couldn't get in there to get a good angle. Drilled out a hole and zip tied it. There is slack on both ends it moves the flap 100% travel. What a relief to take care of that on...
  2. N

Well I found my problem but I don't know part this is. Will an expert look? (pic)

Yea I might be able to get it apart but not back together haha. Even if I can't glue it ill just fix it to half defrost and half bottom for the winter and then move it to front for summer. No big deal.
  3. N

I need to find it and see if I can just super glue it back maybe.
  4. N

Do you know if I bought the heater box chamber if I could just take that part off and put it on without removing the dash?
  5. N

Ok then lets get inventive lol. Does anyone have a pic of the original piece I can look at?
  6. N

My air wouldn't change directions so I thought it was the vacuum but digging through the glove area I found this. If I move it manually it changes the air and the metal rod is moving back and forth so I just need the plastic piece.
  7. N

Advice on clear coating hood.

Thanks I guess I can start with that. Makes sense about the wax. When I tried to take it off the hood it felt like it was stuck to it and then it was cloudy.
  8. N

I'm not sure if I know what familiar with buffing means. Way back when I used to live with my parents I would use their buffer (craftsman orbital) on my car to apply and take wax off with but not sure if that makes me proficient with this job. That's what I'm here for.
  9. N

I really think it's failing. My roof has spots on it like these. I'm not sure the wax did it but that is when I noticed it didn't shine. I thought maybe the wax took off the last shine layer when I took off the wax or something I can't be sure...
  10. N

Should I use rubbing or polishing compound? I really worked it by hand with regular wax to fix it. Actually like I said waxing it is what made it happen. Should I use an orbital buffer or the circular kind?
  11. N

This guy inspired me. Just OTC spray. This would be fine with me. My truck has dings and scrapes all over it so it's not a baby anymore but the dull hood makes it look terrible. At least I could shine it up before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FITO4ZrZM
  12. N

My hood on my truck is getting that cloudy look to it so I'm going to attempt to spray clear it myself. It just started this summer after a wax so I don't think the paint is affected yet. From doing a lot of reading and watching a few youtube videos I'm going to start with a rubbing compound...
  13. N

Struts or struts and springs?

How do they like them? Same or better than OEM?
  14. N

Struts or struts and springs?

My 02 just hit 90K and I've been noticing more than usual front dip after hitting speed bumps. I think the front is even sagging but might just be in my head. I'm seeing the Monroe quick struts have a rebate right now but don't want to spend extra money if I don't need to. If I get just...
  15. N

AC not working. AC "spins" for a second then clicks off then repeats.

Well the other can got it I think. Stays on now and ice cold. I probably have a leak so I'll just watch it for now. Thanks for all your help.
  16. N

The first can was 19oz and it took it all. It seems this is fixing the issue since now the ac is ruinning but the pressure still drops when the ac kicks in. One question - Should I be going by the pressure when the ac is running or not running? Thanks for everyones help by the way...
  17. N

Well too late I used the can. The one on the left had a black cap also but it fit right on and gave me a pressure reading. As soon as the pressure was up the AC kicked on then would drop then the ac would cut off. I added the stuff and now the ac keeps on for about 10 seconds (blows cold air...
  18. N

I got the stuff but was having problems finding the plug. I saw the green cap one but that didn't look right. I saw on right up front facing upward on top of the radiator with a black cap but it didn't fit. I'll go back out again and look.
  19. N

Hey thanks I'll try. Is there anywhere that has a picture of where to fill it on the engine or compressor?
  20. N

Any ideas? Thought it might be the AC clutch relay so I bought one and it's still the same. I was fine last year. It clicks on then right back off again.
  21. N

Chirping up front. Replaced serpentine belt and now back. Tensioner next?

Just what the title says. Squealing in humid weather and when the truck is cold it chirps. The new belt stopped it for about 1.5 months then started again. I also hear some snapping sounds up there when the belt isn't chirping. Doesn't sound like the motor really and that is what it did last...
  22. N

Muffler offset?

Yea it's just hard to say without having it in front of me to check. I'll call around.
  23. N

Muffler offset?

Can anyone answer? I emailed flowmaster and they said ask a shop. I'd much rather hear from someone that had one installed. Thanks
  24. N

Muffler offset?

I'm interested in the flowmaster 70 series muffler but I can't figure out which one will fit, if any at all. I tried searching but didn't find exactly what I need. Should I get the offset-in and middle-out kind? I'm reading it's bigger but can't find any info on how hard it is to install...
Back