Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Liftgate Trim Removal - Help?

Can anyone post a pic of the inside of the hatch above the glass with the top trim piece removed, I'll be looking to route a harness thru the rubber boot from the hatch to the body.
  2. D

2020 PIU

That's odd, I was at an LE trade show in June where the SSV and a PPV were on display, I recall at least the SSV if not also the PPV had the rotary dials. Perhaps the PPV was a pre-production mock-up. In any event the FCA Fleet website shows the SSV with the rotary dial. The truth is, today's...
  3. D

2020 PIU

Well, half correct. The PPV get's a t-shifter on the console, the SSV retains the rotary dial on the console, both configurations are unsuitable for emergency vehicles.
  4. D

Foam removal from rear of PIU

I removed the foam between the second row seat and spare tire. Covered all the wiring loom and powerpoint with a heavy rubber mat and use that void for lateral storage of long stuff I need available but infrequently.
  5. D

2020 PIU

Next Gen PIU (presumably retail Explorer also) will have 1/2 to 1" longer wheelbase and a few more cubic feet of cargo space behind second row seat so refresh will have to be more than just powertrain. I'm told by my Ford source that even though hybrid technology has greater impact on city mpg...
  6. D

replacing glove box lock cylinder

So with the door doesn't have to be removed from the box and the door skin doesn't have to be separated from the door body to access the rear of the lock? Just tip up the latch handle?
  7. D

Changing Glove Compartment Lock

Thanks. Did you have better results with your 2nd door by heating it first?
  8. D

Changing Glove Compartment Lock

Were you able to see how the cylinder was removed from the latch, I have a factory replacement cylinder, I have to assume there must be a way otherwise it would be sold as integral to the latch
  9. D

replacing glove box lock cylinder

I have the replacement cylinder but no instructions on removing the current cylinder
Back