Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

When the vacuum modulator goes bad.

thank you very much for your help. i have a strange shift problem with my x and my ex LOL. anyhow, i think im going to skip the diagnosis. the truck either has 116k or 216k, nobody really knows. and if i need a new tranny, im not hurting anything by putting a new modulator on it. i think im...
  2. C

When the vacuum modulator goes bad.

what specifically went bad to tell you that it is the modulator?????? i have a 93 and am praying thats all thats wrong with mine.
  3. C

Trans Problem

brain your help is appreciated, but i have a first gen with a a4ld. how much are they alike though?
  4. C

Trans Problem

the vacuum modulator is fine, i had a mechanic hook up a vacuum pump to the vacuum line up by the manifold. his reasoning was that this would also show a bad vacuum hose if indeed there was a problem here. he wasnt sure as to what the exact specs should be, but he said that it should be fine...
  5. C

Trans Problem

well, my trans did the same thing for a little while. now i have to let off the gas in order for it to grab 2nd. if i try to manually shift, when my gear selector is in the "2" position, it wont shift up from first at all. i was told that this was probably caused by some blockage and could be...
  6. C

Trans Problem

glacier? does the tranny in a 93 with the same symptoms usually have that same prob? is it really something i can fix with 100 bucks or so?
  7. C

New to Forum,have a few problems

did anyone ever think to mention the ticking could also be the octane of fuel(spark knock)?????
  8. C

stock tranny not shifting

thanx guys i really dont want to put a bunch of money into it, but as you read its a 93 with only 115k on it, so i plan to keep it for a while.
  9. C

i forgot to mention that when the tranny was flushed, the tech said that the fluid he got out of it was pretty clean, not brand new, but clean. i dont know if that helps.
  10. C

Bad rear end at 6k?

being that it is under warranty, make sure you get it solved before your warranty expires. you will have even more of a hassle, and a large bill not to mention, if you wait too long. i too have heard of the rears being bad commonly in those
  11. C

i have looked around a bit and not seen anyone experiencing the same problems as i. to begin, i own a 93 explorer xlt. it is a 4by, with auto hubs. i am not sure which transmission it has(i have been a chevy guy). it does have od. firstly, the od used to slip in and out, regardless of pedal...
  12. C

Shift Kits

im new to this site, but certainly not new to tire chirping. if you want to be able to transfer a lot of power to pavement(i think you even said something about a supercharger???) you will surely want to convert to a chevrolet tranny. i am not sure where the link is, but there is a link...
Back