Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

2016 Explorer is not on the list because the lawsuits began at the 2015 model, but Ford will work with you. Slowly, but they will. It took 3 months for them to sort of fix mine, although I still await for other repairs. The good part about all this is that, after 4+ months, I have racked over...
  2. B

After nearly 3 months, the dealership seems to have found an answer: the rear hatch seal. I drove it today and did not smell anything. Seems silly. If your seal is split at the bottom, that might be the culprit. The dealership brought in an expert with a CO2 sniffer, and that's how it was found...
  3. B

In short, yes. Sort of. Ford has a buy-back program. For some reason that they would not disclose, I did not qualify for it.
  4. B

Please remember that it is not up to me. All repairs had been discussed solely between Ford and the dealership. I just got an occasional report.
  5. B

My Explorer has had the entire system, to include the Cat Converters, replaced at least 3 times, according to the dealership. I would not know - I have not seen my vehicle in about 2 or 3 months; I lost track already... I feel I already own the Durango that has been rented for me by the...
  6. B

That is exactly when we found the smell: getting onto the interstate at high velocity and RPMs. A little at first, then it was overwhelming.
  7. B

I have had many vehicles, to include a 99 Durango, 12 Durango, and I am currently driving a rental 16 Durango. None of them, nor my cars (to include my 16 Fusion or 02 Taurus or 02 Chrysler 300M) have that smell. So I guess that no, it is not normal. Additionally, my 16 Explorer is the only...
  8. B

Thanks for letting me know. I am not too familiar with Ford and this blog, since I never before made the mistake to obtain a Ford SUV. (and I will not again) I did crawl from under a rock - I have never had to seek assistance like this with my SUVs before (or any other vehicle - perhaps...
  9. B

I own (sort of) a new 2016 Explorer. I do not know how many other people have had this issue: CO2 or some sort of exhaust coming into the cabin after revving up your vehicle past 3000 RPM (such as passing another vehicle or coming onto the interstate and needing to accelerate). My main...
  10. B

I own (sort of) a new 2016 Explorer. I do not know how many other people have had this issue: CO2 or some sort of exhaust coming into the cabin after revving up your vehicle past 3000 RPM (such as passing another vehicle or coming onto the interstate and needing to accelerate). My main...
Back