Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Got the Expedition, rip in pieces Exploder

Got the Expedition, rip in pieces Exploder
  2. P

Oooooooh dang bois I'm about to get me a 2003 expedition, and yes, my car is still working...

Oooooooh dang bois I'm about to get me a 2003 expedition, and yes, my car is still working, though the exhaust is... no longer attached
  3. P

selling my explorer

I paid 2,800 for my "Pretty Okay" 1998 Sport, and of course, its timing chain is currently killing itself. One hundred dollars more and I could have gotten something like that.... Man, Life sure ain't fair :(
  4. P

Need to Re-manufacture a 2000 Ford Explorer SOHC engine, 4.0 liter V6.

Just checking in to report that my 1998 sport is still rattling away! Timing chain ain't broke yet.....
  5. P

Looking for someone who can fix the legendarily bad timing chain in my '98.

Well, I actually know a few guys to do this with, but... one, I'm 19, so the kegs would be an issue, and two, there's no Junkyards around me >:( I've wanted to get to a junkyard so I can get a bunch of minor parts I need (Fog lights, rear wiper bolt cover, grille, back window pistons, and so...
  6. P

Okay everyone, sorry I disappeared for a while. I've just began to work on losing my weight, and every morning I've headed down to the nearby mall to go walking, along with some other stuff, and my family's been busy doing some stuff. I have good news though! My grandparents, it turns out...
  7. P

I doubt any of you are close to western Maryland though... and my location means that cars everywhere are ****in covered in rust, ugh.
  8. P

Yeah lol I'm learning these lessons now. What I meant by what I said was, if I took this and tried to trade it in on a different car, Maybe I could tell the people at the dealership "Hey, this thing will be in perfect condition if you fix the timing chains" and I can get a lot for it. I dunno...
  9. P

Yeah, you're completely right. I'm an IT guy, I can do basic things, check on the oil, refill AC, replace fuses, but all these problems are beyond me. My family refuses to trust private sellers after this, and honestly I won't either, so I'm kind of betting on the fact that I can take it to a...
  10. P

Yea, you guys are right I suppose.... I guess I'll keep it for now, and hope it doesn't die, while I try saving up for something new... I had a friend offer to do it for $300 in labor and more in parts, he's the one who fixed our red van, but I guess I keep hoping to find another offer like...
  11. P

1996-2001 ford explorer / mountaineer workshop manual (5567 pages!)

I downloaded it, dunno why, but oof that's a huge and confusing document.
  12. P

All right, I know this sounds a bit dramatic but my poor girl is gonna have to be sold if I can't find someone. I live in Western Maryland, somewhere around the Cumberland area. Does anybody perhaps live nearby and know of a mechanic or shop who is able to fix my broken timing chain guides and...
  13. P

Possible Electrical or Computer issue?

All right, so a long while ago my timing chain guides decided it was time to stop existing. My explorer still rattles down the road if I need to go somewhere, and very soon I'll be getting it fixed, so I have a few questions. One, where can I find the reinforced metal timing chain guides? I'd...
  14. P

1998 explorer MACH radio button "backlighting"

I thought the point was that if front seat is using for example the Radio, then back seat can have either Tape or CD over headphones, right? Sounds pretty okay to me unless they can just screw with whatever the guy in the front is doing.
  15. P

The radio controls? Feature I guess, but if you have kids who mess with them I can see it as being a pretty big flaw.
  16. P

Sounds like these problems are a good excuse to get a new radio! Unless you're like me and want to keep it simply because of how cool the rear radio controls are...
  17. P

Still dead

Still dead
  18. P

Better motor...4.0 OHV OR 4.0 SOHC?

Ahhhhh this brings me back. Man I wish I could go back to December. You're right haha, my timing chain guides are long gone and the car sounds like a complete disaster when it's running due to the rattling. Therefore, I have a $4000 driveway decoration, yay... also, the front and back window...
  19. P

Driver's window auto-down feature

Strange, the same thing happened to me, and I always assumed it was the switch being testy. In the 05 caravan there's a click for down, and then a further click for auto down, but the explorer's two stage switch is barely detectable, so sometimes I can't turn on the auto window when I want to...
  20. P

Garage rip-offs

Well you'd love my 98 sport with 123k miles! If... if it worked, ya know. And I can attest to the teenager thing too, I just turned 19 on the 23rd. Yep, this is why unlike my dad, I get worried when I hear noises, not when the noise finally turns into something being broken.
  21. P

Garage rip-offs

At least you guys got your repairs done :( Backstory: My mom got very little from the death of her parents in 2014 because her father had no will, and a woman who I personally think didn't have her best interests at heart got involved and therefore we've gotten nothing from the estate... boy...
  22. P

Update - Explorer is still broken, I've kind of lost hope, gonna be driving that ratty old...

Update - Explorer is still broken, I've kind of lost hope, gonna be driving that ratty old minivan for the foreseeable future it seems
  23. P

Windshield Wiper Blade Length

Cutting the stops is how I made my Wiper get the entire back window, and thankfully it doesn't get stuck between the glass and the door! Too bad the front and back washers are broken, or I could brag that it's working perfectly...
  24. P

4.0 Timing Chain Rattle!!!

Good luck with that timing chain! I've given up on my truck for now, I'll rattle my way up and down the road in our rusty old minivan until I finally have money for it to be fixed.
  25. P

Windshield Washers Not Working

Well, this is a simple one. My wipers, front and back, are all working, but I have no Washers. None of them will spray anything. I checked the fuse and it was broken, so I bought a new one, but it still doesn't work! What should I try checking next?
Back