Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Truxxx & 275/65r18

Do you remember how wide these wheels were? I'm hoping to get that same amount of stance on my 07 limited, but i know -12et on an 18x8 is different than -12et on 18x9 and so on.
  2. D

black headlight housings + 8000k HID??

So I'm wanting to get a set of black headlight housings for my 97 mountaineer without a doubt (the non projector type, just black replacements) and i loved the look of the ice blue 8ks when i had my honda prelude (dont judge that car was pretty fun lol).. but the thing is i dont know exactly...
  3. D

Looking to lift.. Shackles, leaf springs, shocks, or all?

depends, how much lift are you looking for?
  4. D

Engine stops when making a fast 90 degree turning.

sounds to me like your power steering pump is starting to go. with a 90 degree turn, that could put enough load on the engine to stall it out (especially if you have a misfire on 2 different cylinders). id check with your local shop and see if they could maybe do a power steering flush...
  5. D

Shock Replacement Results

actually i do have a question, to get a better feel for the end result do you have any lift or anything like that? im looking at getting the monroes to take care of my driver side lean and ive got your basic TT and shackle lift with 31s.
  6. D

Satin Black Explorer/Mountaineer???

ok, screw it im doing mine in tan, maybe with some black design on it though.. but that does look pretty good. looks to me like he did his in a satin tan (with that slight sheen)
  7. D

Lol thanks toypaseo, guess I wasn't looking hard enough haha appreciate it!
  8. D

1996 Explorer steering wheel shake

Is it only when you hit a bump? Or is it all the time? I'd probably look over your front end, check your connections. Wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods.. Anything really. Last thing you want is something to fall apart while your driving lol
  9. D

yeah, i actually found a second gen on instagram that was in the army green and it looked ok.. but i dont know. if i found more pics in the true satin black or in a sand dune tan i think it would be easier to choose. hell if i can find someone who has photoshop on their computer i might just...
  10. D

2000 explorer HELP!!!

diagnostics through a computer and over the phone are typically useless.. however i will say dont jump to a conclusion and condemn the timing chain (even if they tend to be an issue). if you jumped time or anything like that believe me you would know.. your engine wouldnt kick right back over...
  11. D

Monroe 58617 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber

if you're going to look at new leaf springs take a look at trucksprings.com i found a set for mine and they were only like 75 bucks each. although before i buy them im going to try the monroe shocks for the lean. (i need new shocks anyway so i figured it wouldnt hurt to see if it makes a...
  12. D

yeah, thats kinda why im leaning to the satin black over the matte. the satin is like the middle ground between gloss and matte.. i just want to get my mounty all one color again lol sun bleached hood, chipping paint on the fenders and roof.. the usual lol ive looked at just doing vinyl wrap...
  13. D

So I'm still new here and i didnt have much luck with searching for a previous thread.. so here goes lol im curious to see what the second generation explorers and mountaineers would look like plasti dipped in a matte or satin black color. ive thought about doing this for a while but i havent...
  14. D

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

so ive only had my mounty for about 3 months now and i absolutely love it. so far i only have the TT and shackles, still have to put my helper springs on which should bring the rear up maybe another 1/2"-1" (wheels and bull bar courtesy of the previous owner ;)), but before winter hits i will be...
Back