Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Brake Problem ABS

Hi. Were you able to fix the problem? What was the fix?
  2. A

Hi Keith, I was reading your post on PTU oil fill on Explorer NA 2011. Could you please share...

Hi Keith, I was reading your post on PTU oil fill on Explorer NA 2011. Could you please share from where did you insert the tube for fluid removal and refill?
  3. A

Rearview Camera Problems

Hi @rdilks That was me in that post. I have a '12 XLT Explorer. The original camera part no. was BB5T 19G490 AE. DOM was July 2011. Apart from dealership, I could not find the camera from any where else that would ship to my place. Finally, I found a seller on aliexpress that offered some...
  4. A

Rearview Camera Problems

Mine also had the same part no and date of manufacture as the one on left. Too bad yours doesn't work. Does the seller you bought from offer a warranty? Mine is working without any issue. I bought from aliexpress and it has very buyer friendly policies. Payment to seller is released only if...
  5. A

Rearview Camera Problems

Hi benny18, Good to know someone got benefit out of my post. If your explorer is equipped with active guidelines, only then you are required to calibrate the camera. This can be done via full version of Forscan, which to my knowledge is available for PC only. The normal static camera...
  6. A

Rearview Camera Problems

@peterk9 , all Guys, there is breaking news! I have finally found a 60$ solution to the camera issue. Bought 60$ FL1T-19G490 FoMoCo camera from a store on aliexpress with free shipping to Qatar. I was their first customer by the way. Got the camera today after 7 days. Seemed identical to the...
  7. A

Rearview Camera Problems

According to the first link, Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX cameras are around 80$... that's a bargain. Wonder if these can be fit into the EX. They sure look the same. Can't believe anyone hasnt tried this yet. Even google is silent on this one. Wish someone with the right knowledge and experience...
  8. A

Rearview Camera Problems

I tore down my 12 XLT camera a few days back. The P/N was BB5T 19G490 AE. DOM was July 2011. If you are okay with loosing the zoom function of the camera, you can install any decent chinese camera in the original circuitry using a wire harness P/N FC3Z 14A412 A. Cable cost is around 15$ and...
  9. A

Rearview Camera Problems

While I agree that almost all of the 2011/2012 cameras reported here had to be replaced, there should be some testing to rule out camera issue from wiring issues. My camera pin resistances were found in range, which makes me jittery about the whole matter. Dishing out 500$ for a camera is just...
  10. A

Rearview Camera Problems

Just to update... I finally found the circuit diagram. Checked the male pins/connectors on the camera. All resistances were found within the range specified. Is it possible that the problem is still within the camera? Maybe the wiring? Any leads on how to proceed further for diagnosis? P.S...
  11. A

Rearview Camera Problems

2012 XLT. 65k miles. Got the same issue last week (video stopped coming; says to contact dealer). Mine failed suddenly without giving any warning signs. Is the rearview camera of Explorer '12 and F-150 the same? Part no. 19G490 matches but I believe the connector is different, is that correct...
  12. A

P2196 and P2198...what to check

Guys, Did you also observe high fuel consumption with the malfunctioning Vapor Canister Purge Valve in service? TIA.
  13. A

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

Please share details and pictures... ... how did you jump the c3065 pins 1 and 2. Did you do these activities with car in ignition?
  14. A

...PART2 Please share some details (pictorial would be perfect) with me on where the cables are...

...PART2 Please share some details (pictorial would be perfect) with me on where the cables are and how to test them out. I am counting on you to help me solve out my problem, otherwise I am bummed as the dealership (read: stealership) has no clue! Waiting anxiously for your reply! Regards...
  15. A

Hi xaustie, RE: pinpoint diagnostics on B1212:13...

Hi xaustie, RE: pinpoint diagnostics on B1212:13 (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-many-people-have-had-the-airbag-warning-light-activate.420672). I have been facing the same problem on my 2012 XLT. Have used ForScan to pull out B1212:13-8B and use PID DEPLOY_18_R...
Back