Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

You got it! They were part of the supposed bad batch of Toyos.
  2. S

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

My 2017 has the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 in 255/50R20 with 28k. They look like racing slicks, I was going to change them out in the next few weeks until....Monday morning I woke up to my front driver tire completely flat. I'm replacing all 4 this weekend with 255/50R-20 Michelin Defender LTX...
  3. S

2016 Explorer Sport: Lost ABS, traction control, hill assist, Parking aid

Did it look like this? See my video in the first post. I'm waiting for the cold weather to come back to see if I'm still having this issue. I feel strongly that it's either the battery or the sensor. Either way it's going to the dealer this winter when it happens again.
  4. S

Service AdvanceTrac Error

I finally have a chance to catch up on here. I still have this problem and it's always on colder days (sub 30 degrees F) and the car hasn't been running for several hours. Happened again a week ago on a cold morning. Doesn't matter if it's snowing or dry but the temp is the trigger for the...
  5. S

SYNC 3 latest version

Agreed, I just posted those instructions in case the USB isn't recognized by Windows Explorer which is what it sounded like Peter was experiencing.
  6. S

SYNC 3 latest version

Peter to try to fix the busted USB drives try this: (from here: 3 Best Ways to Fix 'The Format Did Not Complete Successfully' Error - EaseUS) "1. Fix 'the format did not complete successfully' by using Windows Disk Management Unknown viruses on your computer may stop you formatting your disk...
  7. S

SYNC 3 latest version

I have the nav version. Just to confirm I used a 32GB stick formatted to exFAT and still couldn't get it to work. I had not such issues in the past doing updates to Sync 3.
  8. S

SYNC 3 latest version

Ok I finished my upgrade to Sync 3 v3 Build 17276. It did not work the first three attempts. Each time the car was left on for over an hour. I did the soft and hard resets and no dice. I decided to try modifying the lst file to do one step of the install at a time and it worked. It did...
  9. S

Hood Struts ??

Just an update, it's been 4 months with the struts installed and I've been under the hood quite a bit since the install, they are holding up nicely. I know it's still early, but they appear to work well thus far.
  10. S

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

Wow! I just got the chills after reading about this. I'm going to put a carbon monoxide detector in my car. A few weeks back I was running errands and I got incredibly sleepy (to the point I pulled over and rolled the windows down for about 10 minutes) in the middle of the day while...
  11. S

Intelligent Access Key fob programming

Yes, the remote start works on my replacement key fob.
  12. S

Hood Struts ??

Don't know if this helps but I jammed a very small flathead in between the back of the clip and it opened it up enough to snap onto the ball.
  13. S

Hood Struts ??

Ok, I fixed them yesterday and forgot I take a pic so here is the correctly installed struts. Note, taking them of wasn't to bad, there is a little metal clip that you can jam a small flathead screwdriver into that release the clip from the ball joint and it comes off with little effort.
  14. S

Hood Struts ??

I agree! However I googled "Gas Spring Orientation" and now I have a deeper appreciation of why I erred! It really has to do with the lubrication of the internal systems in a gas strut. I learned something new today!
  15. S

Hood Struts ??

They work just fine as far as I can tell but I'll listen to the seller and flip the around.
  16. S

Hood Struts ??

Lol, I just got an email from Redline pointing that out. D'oh!!
  17. S

Hood Struts ??

I pics of my installed can here: www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-jlt-oil-separator.404902/page-3 Took about 20 minutes. Note, I wound up enlarging the hole on the supplied bracket as it sits too tall and hit the hood liner. I made a hole the same size immediately above the...
  18. S

Hood Struts ??

That's my oil catch can, its a JLT brand. It catches residue before it goes into the turbos. I empty it out every 2500 miles or so. Is it necessary? That's debatable but I fell better with it installed.
  19. S

Hood Struts ??

Ok, I'm not first but I just installed my set. These are the black ones. Install took 15 minutes, the directions are pretty good. Here are pics of the process. You will need a 17mm and 13mm socket, trim remover or cat law tool and a razor blade. Edit: I removed the existing prop, probably...
  20. S

Hood Struts ??

I'll post with pics as soon as mine arrives. It shipped out yesterday, so I should have it in a couple of days.
  21. S

Hood Struts ??

I didn't even think to follow up on that after RL was taken off the forum for not getting a sponsor vendor membership. I have a small window to work a few mods to my car, while my family is out to my in-laws, so I just pulled the trigger.
  22. S

Hood Struts ??

I decided to go with the black as RMCALIS pointed out that they look more stock.
  23. S

Hood Struts ??

They are in stock! Just ordered mine! :D:bounce::chug:
  24. S

Hood Struts ??

Bummer! I was hoping they would have their brackets by now. Must be stuck in customs or something...
  25. S

Hood Struts ??

Just checked with RedLine and they said they should have all of the parts for the Explorer kit in the next two weeks or sooner! Based on Daheim111's feedback on the non-Redline solution he tried, the Redline solution is probably the way to go.
Back