Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

2011 BCM's discontinued. Only options is to get a used. Need help with codes.

For a BCM, if they had a part that works, that would be great.
  2. L

So I've been told. If the car craps out at that point regardless of how well it was kept up, go find your paddle for the creek. At this point, a replacement using a used one is the only option and brings me back to what is line 7 in the bcm. 726-07-01 since my line is different and can't...
  3. L

Thanks, I've tried two BCMs and were able to do more with them than For d but still they will not accept the change in line 7. The orig holds it fine. Running with the orig still in it. Have to hard reset it now and then to clear any glitches. Going to keep trying used parts. It boggles my...
  4. L

Found out when I went in on a different issue to Ford that my BCM is going bad. It still works but I was told it was failing. Only option is to get a used one pulled from another car since they discontinued the BCM for the 2011-13 explorers. Ford doesn't have any and will not put a used one in...
  5. L

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I'm still frustrated with this thing. I've not had the time at this point to take apart the dash to find it. My wife who loves the car hates driving it if she has to use the Nav. Still no luck after all the Ford service visits with GPS. The last visit was last year and I think I've given up...
  6. L

If there was a way to replace it with an aftermarket system I would but since it's all tied together I don't know of any that will work.
  7. L

Sure, updated. Limited, elect everything, sensors everywhere, bucket second row. All stock stuff. Nav didn't work when I had nothing plugged in. If a phone charger causes that much interference I really hope Ford went back to the drawing board. My F250 is loaded with electronic to include a...
  8. L

I agree but the dealer now is saying it's fixed again. Told them well be back next week since they didn't do anything to fix it this time. Unless they Nintendo blew it and plugged it back in.
  9. L

Yes, replaced the APIM too. Said the modual wasn't talking to it. then they said the GPS thought it was in Michigan. Replaced it again and again reprogrammed it. Went in the shop again, checked and said no software updates were there until the next morning which they did. I got in it and...
  10. L

I've had this same problem now for over two years. First year, every time I'd bring it in,it would work fine for them. They finally saw it would not have GPS and have reprogrammed it, changed out the GPS mod and said that would work and antenna was inside that. Still didn't work, on to a second...
Back