Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

That looks great! Did you install the level kit, which raises the front by 1.25", or the front spacers from the lift kit, which raises it by 2.25"? If you did the 2.25" spacers, does the front now sit higher than the rear? Cheers, Mike
  2. M

Navigation Guidance Volume

I'm sure it is... Unfortunately, while sitting at work, at a computer, the Ford website and this forum are much more easily accessible than my manual. Next time, I'll be sure to exhaust every search option available to me, before joining an existing dialogue with other helpful individuals who...
  3. M

Looks like it's a nav menu option... not a nav settings option. Just pulled this from Ford's website: Use the touchscreen to mute navigation voice: Once you have set a Destination, press the Menu icon and then press the Mute Guidance icon. I blame the multiple menus... and my apparent...
  4. M

Does anyone know if there is a way to completely turn off the navigation audio? I've been able to turn off the voice guidance, so it plays the tones only (ding... dong... beep...), and I've been able to turn the volume of the tones down to their minimum level, but they will not turn off...
  5. M

iPhone USB only works 10-15 minutes

I've had my Explorer for a week now, and have been having similar problems. Sometimes the USB connects just fine, sometimes it plays for a couple minutes then stops, and sometimes it doesn't recognize the phone all together. Sometimes a phone reset does the trick, and sometimes it doesn't. So...
  6. M

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

Thanks Peter... I used the search, but didn't see anything that addressed maximum tire size. Appreciate the confirmation on the level kit killing the warranty... Will pass on that option and keep looking for tire info.
  7. M

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

Hi guys, First post here... looking forward to being a part of this forum. I just picked up a new 2017 XLT last night, and I'd like to put some off-road tires on it. I am still debating whether or not to get the Traxda level kit. I really like the idea of a level kit, but it's only one day...
Back