Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rusted rear end corner (behind lamps)

Ok, good news then :D I've just received new (used) bumper after powder paint so I will check this place when changing :)
  2. S

Not my kind of repair :D I am not enthusiast of glass fibre in body repairs when there is a rust. I prefer to grab a welder and try to do it, but I am not sure if access is good enough.
  3. S

Yeah,I've been thinking about such cover, it's terrible place when mud gets in....it can't get out :/ But for now it would be better to repair it before covering :) @DintDobbs - do you think there is enough space to replace it with ones form junkyard?
  4. S

Hello, today I found something scarying when changing rear bulbs... Whole this corners behind lamps are rusted and totally crappy. Have anyone rebuilt it? Is it possibile with such terrible Access? I'd like not to change whole body... :p
  5. S

II gen - attaching snorkel to A pillar

To be honest - I didn't thought about such solution....but seems to be interesting. I have snorkel mounted without A-pillar mount for 2 years. And the nothing bad could happen to me after 3M tape would unglue :) So it's worth trying I think because I don't want to have another suspect in case...
  6. S

SOHC/5R55E High revs and neutral gear after kickdown

Hello, I observed (very rare issue) that sometimes when pushing pedal to metal revs go high and it looks like neutral was chosen. For couple of seconds it still looks like neutral (high revs after touching pedal) and then everything goes back to normal. Transmission is in good conditions, EPC...
  7. S

II gen - attaching snorkel to A pillar

Hello, I've read many thread connected with snorkels assembly and matching a part from another cars (toyota LC, jeep xj etc.). But apart from choosing a part - how to mount it "clean"? I mean is it possible to attach a snorkel to A pillar without drilling? Maybe some factory rivets or mounts...
  8. S

Wet headlining - sunroof drains & windshield seal

I didn't have to remove entire headliner but only front part of it :)
  9. S

Finally I managed to take care of my wet problem :) Sunroof drain tubes were disconnected....and all the Water was leaking onto my knee and into the interior. I recommend this video "how to" remove headliner - 10 min of work to reach these drain lines Thanks for help :)
  10. S

Hi guys! I have again problems with wet headlining. I've searched maaaany threads, I've cleaned drains - but problem is still present. The most moisture is on the lining corners - it is dripping after rain/snow melting. Center (behind the mirror) and side part of lining is wet, but not so much...
  11. S

2nd Gen Tow Hooks, My Solution

Hello, have you still these photos? They aren't displaying properly....and I've just bought F150 hooks for my 2000 Explorer :) Front hooks can be mounted without drilling in frame, yes? EDIT: Pics are working again :)
  12. S

2000' Explorer - Lack of right tail light

Thanks for response! These blue 3M connectors are linking tail lights with trailer tail lights (seems to be dealer OEM assembly, but still non factory). Running new wire is good idea, but maybe I will try to troubleshoot first :) Thanks for the diagram!
  13. S

2000' Explorer - Lack of right tail light

Hello! I've read many topics and: 1) Started form checking bulb socket - and there is no voltage on onlu right tail light (stop light is working properly). 2) Checked trailer harness - it's not perfect but there is voltage almost everywhere beside right tail light 3) Cut isolation of brown wire...
  14. S

Rack&pinion from 2wd Explorer sport 2003

Hello! I have rack&pinion from 2003 ex sport 2wd (so it's not II generation but III generation, right?) In Perfect condition on garage. It has slightly different lines...maybe anybody knows if it would fit (plug&play or with mods). It would be better than refurbrishment...its OEM with poor...
  15. S

Floor Shifter for 5R55E Transmission

One of explomaniacs in Poland did such conversion - he even swapped button on the shifter for the right hand.
  16. S

4.0 SOHC coolant loss after overheating

Hello! This winter is first with real and massive snowfall since 5 years...so that road weather conditions are slightly different than during previous winters. It means that plenty of cars felt out of the road....And all 4x4 enthusiasts (including me :D ) like to help getting out of troubles...
  17. S

[2nd gen 2000] Huge play on steering wheel

Finally happy end of this story! I had still big play on steering wheel. Upper shaft after dismounting was goog with no play. So I mounted it back and noticed what was the problem. The socket of this upper shaft touches a spring from steering wheel shaft. And this spring tries to move this...
  18. S

Rusted steel line above steering rack

Ok, confirmed - that vent line is probably vent from front axle (will rebuild it & get up to the hood) And I've cleaned and got vent "brake-like" line back to its mounts in rubber boots. Thanks for help :)
  19. S

Thanks but I'd prefer to buy it locally here in Poland, Europe due to shipping :P Okay, so I thin that this brake-line hose is clear. But then I still have no idea what whas this rubber vent line not connected to anything (bottom of this line is definitelly broken)....Has rack and pinion vent...
  20. S

Have someone a photo of this vents? I don't know how it should looks like...but I have one loose "brake line-like" hose going on the top of the rack ... and one loose/corroded rubber hose going 20 cm up the left lower control arm with vent valve in the end. I'd be grateful for any ideas, I...
  21. S

Poor mans smoke test

Indeed! You don't have to wait half an hour to see the smoke. Best option for me, but before this solution I've tried two another, which was totally not working :)
  22. S

Poor mans smoke test

I've tried cigar...but with poor effect. I didnt have enough power to move smoke down the tubes and smoke didnt get out from any leaking place. Then I've constructed DIY smoke machine as in YT videos, plugged it to bike wheel pump....and it worked perfectly :) Valve was placed in the lid of the...
  23. S

Hello again, I will use this thread as I have still play (but very little for now, I've inspected whole steering column shaft and play is present on the intermediate shaft). So when lower shaft is stiff - intermediate should be too! I have used part in perfect condition (as in the photo on the...
  24. S

You are 100% right. First - I wanted to find&replace u-joint but it is not a typical size so all visited dealers didn't have exactly same u-joint. So I replaced whole shaft :)
  25. S

Yep, but donalds refurbrished only rubber/cover of this joint? My shaft had huge play so it wouldn't help :) And all in all new shaft is installed. Much better now :) I
Back