Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

99 sport. 211,x..
  2. B

4.0 sohc rod knock

I havent yet ruled that out. But I have thought of it. Thanks for the link I will read it diligently
  3. B

4.0 sohc rod knock

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's a rod or piston slap. Cause it's only a cold start up thing.
  4. B

4.0 sohc rod knock

Hey y'all. My sport just climbed over the 210k mile mark and with that it developed what I think is a slight rod knock. has anyone else had this problem and rebuilt and how difficult is it to rebuild and how much does/ did it cost? Thanks.
  5. B

1996 Explorer steering wheel shake

are your tires balanced well? if not that could be your cause. but like doug and rockwood said check tie-rod ends and ball joints.
  6. B

Newish member. With a few questions

I'm looking for either 255/70/16 or 265/75/16s. But thanks for the response
  7. B

Ok. So I figured out what was wrong drivetrain related. It was the TC. It was stuck in 4low even tho the switch was in auto. which is weird. But I got it out of low and back into auto.
  8. B

Thanks. I'll. Be sure to look into them
  9. B

Hey y'all. I'm brennan, I recieved a 99 ex sport 4.0 awd with 200k a couple months ago. It's a great lil rig but I'm looking for some improvements I have a extremely limited budget. 1) I need a good set of a/ts for pretty cheap. Any suggestions? 2) my trans recently went into limp mode. Any...
Back