Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Suspension Help

how much lift does a SOA actually give you so I can order new springs. If it is 2" then I will get the 6" springs and if it is 4" then I will buy the 6" Springs and 2" Coil Spacers...
  2. C

Interior Roll Cages

does anyone have any pictures of some cages...
  3. C

Suspension Help

from where, what company sells just the springs...
  4. C

Suspension Help

Well I am gonna do a SOA in the rear and keep my lift on too. But what do I need to buy for the front to raise the height to be even. I really am dumb when it comes to ordering parts. I am the installation kind of guy, not a desk guy... so parts and websites would be very very helpfull..
  5. C

Mutlple shock hoops

nevermind, I found some. mods feel free to delete this thread..
  6. C

Best Shocks for the $

What company makes the best shocks for the money, they need to be able to handle an 8" lift...
  7. C

Mutlple shock hoops

does anyone know what company makes a duel shock hoop for the front of my 92 2dr X, I have been looking around but I can't find anything...
  8. C

What should i do to my explorer

here is mine, 4" Superlift Suspension, 3" Body and 33" Tires. You can check out my website for some more details on my X if you want....
  9. C

Moving Axles Around?

it is aftermarket... This is not a stock axle. It came off a budy of mines car. He totaled his car but the axle was fine so we took it off the car and he gave it to me..
  10. C

Interior Roll Cages

Does anyone have any pics of cages for a first gen 2DR X. My buddy is an acomplised welder and we were kinda playing around with the idea of building a cage for it. I am just looking for some pictures to get ideas...
  11. C

What Suspension to Fit 38's

thanks, you pretty much answered my question. The explorer really never gets driven is what I meant. I have intentions of building it to be a serious Off-Roader So I think I will go ahead and find a D44. It pretty much just sits at my dads shop and looks pretty cus gas is so expensive and I...
  12. C

Moving Axles Around?

it was free and I believe it has 35 splines.. I am also building a 68 Mustang Hot Rod and I was gonna use it for that but I kinda thought maybe I could put the 9" in my X and just use the 8.8" for the stang. cus my X takes more abuse. But if there is no significant difference then I guess I...
  13. C

Moving Axles Around?

I want to run 38's so I figured the stronger axle in the rear would be better. And sorry, I didn't even think about the fact that the 8.8 wasn't capable of being in front anyway. I had a momentary brain fart...
  14. C

I need to buy a D44 for the front? I don't see how this has to do with getting the suspension to fit 38's though. This is not a daily driver so I am not worried about making it run good on the road..
  15. C

Moving Axles Around?

I recently bought a 9" Axle for the rear of my X. I have a D35 in front but what I am wondering is if it would be better to move the 8.8" in front and get rid of the D35 or just swap the 9" and keep the D35 in front...
  16. C

so I guess I am basically asking you guys to lift the parts I am going to need to buy or what you would recommend and why.. Even doing custom stuff is an option. My dad has a machine shop..
  17. C

I have the 9" in my garage on the floor. I am planning on swapping it in when I do the bigger lift. I am just wondering what other suspension adjustments I need to do. And I would like to avoid cutting the body if possible.
  18. C

It is getting close to the time when I need to buy some new tires. I am interested in going bigger though. I want to fit 38's. I currently have a 4" Superlift Suspension Lift and a 3" Body Lift. and I am wondering what I would have to change, add, or replace to get the extra height to clear...
  19. C

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

do they make a bumper like this for the 91-94 X...
  20. C

Rockport Off-Road Park 1/1/05

http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventid=353&month=1&year=2005
  21. C

superlift 5.5 can some1 help

if you tell me exactly where you are looking at on the vehicle i could snap a couple shots... I don't have the 5.5 i have the 4" though..
  22. C

Rear Bumper/ Swing-Out Tire Carrier

thanks man, im not going to steal your idea totally but the mounting you made for the bumper definately helps out alot... I was thinking of doing a 1 piece swing out witht the tire in the middle of the vehicle like they make for jeeps..
  23. C

getting an extra 2in of lift.

the problem with the fenders is that im not a huge fan of those ones. Maybe I could just cut the **** out of it and then throw some bushwacker flare around the wheel well to clean it up...
  24. C

Rear Bumper/ Swing-Out Tire Carrier

come on, I know someone has the specs to build one. I need help guys...
  25. C

getting an extra 2in of lift.

what would be the best way to go about doing this. I have a 4in supsension and a 3in body lift. I need to get 2 more inches or so to fit 35's soon.
Back