Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

new JLT Oil Separator

Spoke with Vinnie & JLT today, great guy and is taking care of the issue by sending me out some alternate material hoses for the separator ASAP. He acknowledged that there had been another call on this issue but otherwise many have been sold without hearing back on this. I would say if you're...
  2. R

new JLT Oil Separator

I pulled the separator off last night and replaced it with the factory PCV hose. The fuel smell became unbearable and was giving my kids headaches, smell was gone immediately after replacing the PCV hose. They have to acknowledge this is a problem, especially with the close proximity of the...
  3. R

new JLT Oil Separator

Well that's not good. How difficult was it to swap the hoses? JLT is basically saying it's our problem then, so I shouldn't expect any cost relief or new hoses to be provided if I contact them?
  4. R

new JLT Oil Separator

This may explain why I suddenly started noticing some fuel smell in the cabin after getting in after remote start + run for a few minutes. It doesn't seem to smell after that but I definitely get one under those circumstances. Seems to have started right about the time I installed the JLT 3.0...
  5. R

2017 Explorer Sport: what I love, and not so much

FYI the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for one does this, it's a selectable option in the cluster and instead of just 'D' or 'S' shows D1, D2, D3, etc for the gear it's in. I had a 2015 model for about a year and I liked being able to see the gear it was in (and it helped me realize the horrible rough...
  6. R

New 2017 Sport - Intermittent Squeak/Chirp in Front End

They mic'd it up several times (according to them) and were certain it was a body weld/fitment issue under the fender last time. I mean, it certainly sounds to be in front of and to the left of the driver and really doesn't sound like it's in/under the dash inside the cab at all, but that's...
  7. R

New 2017 Sport - Intermittent Squeak/Chirp in Front End

Well, I was hoping to make a more positive first post because I actually really love this vehicle, but I have had an issue with it since day one that the dealer just hasn't been able to resolve after 3 trips to the service department and about 3 weeks cumulative without the truck. The issue is...
Back