Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

subs cutting in and out

how will i use someone else's though? I would need to sit there and wire up there whole wiring harness and such? P.I.T.A!!!!
  2. T

subs cutting in and out

Before you sned weeks chasing everyone guess as the problem. I'm sorry I tried to figure out what you were trying to say lol but I can't I got...before you spend weeks chasing everyone, guess at the problem?? that still doesn't make sense to me maybe i'm slow lol
  3. T

subs cutting in and out

i tried a cd cleaner and it didn't work and i just took this thing apart two months ago to put my RCA jacks in the back and didn't see any excess dust. How would i hook someone elses up unless it's the same brand I thought they use different hookups?? or no?
  4. T

subs cutting in and out

yea i'm sorry i shoulda have been more clear, the subs aren't the only thing that cut out. All sound cuts out and then jumps back in. blow air into what though? like the cd slot? I was thinking of using one of those disc cleaners with the tiny brush to wipe the cd eye
  5. T

subs cutting in and out

you don't think it could be my CD player at all?? I feel like it skips all the time on the smallest of bumps. I just don't understand how they could be so loud on radio and be blown still... I understand the whole different freq. between radio n cd but still wouldn't they cut if blown on...
  6. T

subs cutting in and out

first, how do subs misfire? secondly, when I mean I can't turn it up I mean if I do turn it up...it will cut out. Cut out as in it sounds like the cd is scratched. No sound for a few seconds then skipping around the song and then when I turn it back down it'll catch up and start playin...
  7. T

subs cutting in and out

Well I've had my system for about 2 years now. JVC headunit alpine amp crossfire subs wedge box. I know everything is rated right (I mean the subs aren't underpowered/overpowered) I don't have the amp turned all the way up I used to have it all the way up and could crank up the volume...
  8. T

If I removed my rear windshield wiper -

some people shave it....
  9. T

'Groaning' noise when turning right

my 98 XLT has made this on the left side...since i've had it almost a year and half now...no clue what it is either
  10. T

LED puddle light project

Well i have a multimeter (my dad does) so, that'll be fine. Lemme kno i'll subscribe this, and you can let me kno here...if not PM me i'm interested for like 10$ ?
  11. T

LED puddle light project

I'd be interested in a set of the puddle lamps then, if you wanna make me some =] just use a screw driver to pop off those plastic caps and then plug these in? I'm thinking you should start a lil business lol, I dunno about anyone else but I don't no a thing about wiring.
  12. T

LED puddle light project

how do u hook those up in the puddle lamps? I might be interested if it's "fairly easy"
  13. T

what do u think??

sounds like it's on a lot to me...
  14. T

Flowmaster 50 SUV Series

yea this is what they did for mine too rhyno, I'm pleased with the interior sound, i wish it was a little louder on start up and idle however, I think once my tail pipe starts to rust up a little more (i'm in ohio after all...) I'm gonna get a 2.5", but i do love the sound when i get to about...
  15. T

Flowmaster 50 SUV Series

i have the 4.0 SOHC, so 3 in. is to big? That's the only muffler I saw that flowmaster makes dual inlet single outlet, which I would need as i said before the Y-pipe fab. would have made it not worth it to get anything else.
  16. T

Side Mirror Covers

No there's nothing wrong with mine, I just wanted to possibly find something to match my paint, I like the look better. I guess i'll just shop aroudn for another paint place.
  17. T

Side Mirror Covers

Does anyone know of mirror covers for the side mirrors? I was origanlly wanting to paint but the place i went to quoted 240$ and said the plastic there made of is pourous or something and the paint won't hold very good/look good....so he suggested covers. I searched ebay n stuff and can't find...
  18. T

Flowmaster 50 SUV Series

I ordered one off summit racing for 112$, i got this so I don't have to get custom fabbed y pipe which was putting the cost for installation at 200+$ around me, my question is...it's got a 3 inch outlet, is that TO big? is there a way to have them bring it down to like 2.5 when they put a new...
  19. T

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

wow...thank you to the last 18 pages, i just made the greatest CD ever solely based on songs i've never heard and just downloaded because people said they sound good, and everyone was right they do! thanks to all for great song lists.
  20. T

has anybody added flushmount turn signals like on the new gen Explorers?

Search for a user named MONMIX, I think he did what you are talking about...and I believe it has a write-up or just PM him.
  21. T

Mounting Walmart Fogs

Can you get a picture of these when there not turned on? I need new fog's one of my is yellowed, and those look like a perfect fit. I just wanna see what the lenses look like when there not on, thanks!
  22. T

What is the Deal???

Check out Ebay, just search Ford Explorer and then go to Parts & Accessories that way you'll filter out most of the cars for sale, There are some things I've seen on there, stubby antennas, chrome B pillars, Grille Guards, tailight/headlight blackouts, all types of interior/exterior dress ups.
  23. T

Getting Ground Effects, Underglows, ETC.

are the LED kits noticeable? I thought I saw an LED kit one time...and the lighting just looking like a row of little colored dots on the ground, not a spread out color beam like regular neons. are LED kits more expensive?
  24. T

not many miles on the x

There is one thing that has helped reduce the prices...at least in my area. Giant Eagle has this new thing called Fuel Perks, for every 50$ you spend on groceries, you get .10$ off a gallon of gas up to 40 gallons. I just do the grocery shopping for my rents and in return they let me use my...
  25. T

not many miles on the x

I'm trying to not drive as much...and if it's long trips I'll get a friend with a smaller car to drive, but as for going around with the G/F i'm not a fan of being driven around by a girl...call me whatever you want, I just don't like the feeling. So I'm pretty much always the driver with her...
Back