Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

New Wheels for MONMIX

Hey, from a fellow '00 Sporter, very well done.
  2. S

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

Taking the advice of many people in this message board, I went ahead and bought the Silverstars as well for something like $42.00 out the door. Honestly, I didn't notice too much of a difference in terms of the bulbs' brightness in comparison to the stock bulbs. However, I did notice an...
  3. S

Fog Lamp Mod 2001 (1999-2001?) Explorer

I have jumped every single small relay socket in the relay box. None of these help me. What I don't understand is how my fog lamps function properly even though there is nothing but an empty socket for number 2. It makes no sense that my relay box had no relay in socket number 2, yet my fog...
  4. S

Are there clear lenses for me?

Al, where did you get your headlights?
  5. S

Missing bolt

I purchased a standard 10mm bolt and tried to put it into the hole in the block and it was too big. Apparantly Torree gave me the wrong part number and 10mm does not fit that hole. Looks like I'm going to have to guess until I find the right size.
  6. S

weird sound

I've heard what sounds to me like what you guys might be hearing. It's a high-pitched squeal that only lasts a second or two and it is coming from the direction of the fuse panel or cluster assembly. However, the only times I have ever heard my noise is when my ABS were engaging - and it has...
  7. S

Yes, exactly like those. Thanks to those of you who have already responded. Does anybody know of anywhere else that I can find this type of product? You would think that with as popular as the Explorer is that it would be easier to find diamond-cut/clear lens headlights!
  8. S

My buddy just bought an '02 Explorer Sport. I was looking at his headlights and I got jealous. Why aren't there lenses like that out there for 2000 Explorers? I want to upgrade my headlights to a clear diamond style headlight, but I can't find anything out there. Can any of you guys?
  9. S

you dont want it

And glue, don't forget the glue. In fact, why doesn't the Jeter fan buy a horse, kill it, make some glue, and then use the glue to fix the problems in his Explorer. Then we can all come together and have horse stew and "whine"...
  10. S

Missing bolt

I called my local Ford dealer and gave them the part number that I was given by Torree. The guy said he doesn't carry those bolts, but that's because it's just a standard 10mm metric bolt that I could get at Lowes. I guess that's why the bolt name is "M10" (metric 10mm). I should've guessed it...
  11. S

Yes, I have the exact same setup as everyone else. My setup is identical to all the pictures in this thread except my #2 relay was not even there. By the way, as for my fogs not working..... I blew a fuse. My bad. But the mod still has not yet worked for me.
  12. S

Congratulations to me! Now my fog lights don't work at all! Right after typing out my last post I went out to try again, only this time the fog lights are off all the time. Let this be a warning to all you out there who are thinking about doing this to yourselves - it may not be worth it. Now...
  13. S

I guess I'm the one loser in here that this has not worked for. I drive a '00 2 door sohc. The number 2 relay was not even there in my distribution box. My fog lights work only with low beams and there isn't even a number 2 relay. I did everything that everyone in this thread has done and to no...
  14. S

I want to get a nice exhaust setup but I have a V6

I would strongly recommend looking into Gibson's Sweptside systems (http://www.gibsonperformance.com/products-14297-swept_side_exhaust.html). The sweptside is nice because, even though a straight pipe system might allow for a little more horse power, the sweptside system allows you to maintain...
  15. S

Missing bolt

I contacted your sponser and discovered that the bolt is $3 plus another $7.99 hanlding charge. While your sponser was friendly and responded promptly, there's no way I'll pay $11 for a $1 bolt. Does anybody out there have the bolt size and type for what I need?
  16. S

Missing bolt

I was looking beneath my hood the other day and noticed that there is a bolt missing under there. It's the one that fastens the oil dip stick tube to the engine block. Does anyone know what size and type of bolt this is? 2000 Explorer 2 door 4X4 4.0L SOHC Thanks.
  17. S

Warning about a brake problem on our trucks! READ THIS

Some of you talk about keeping spare bolts in your truck in case you need them. I'm just curious, what size and type of bolts are these that you are talking about?
  18. S

Want a white gauge cluster

You're right about buying this from Ford. On www.genuine-ford-parts.com the "cluster assembly" (as they call it) goes for $256.43. That guy on eBay does me no good because mine is a 4x4. And I tell you what, if I'm going to spedn $250, I guarantee you it's going to be on a Gibson Sweptside...
  19. S

BBQ, where did you get your cluster? Also, do the red needles come with the white clusters from the '01+ Sports? Where did you get the white shift indicators. Please tell us all everything that you did, the money that it cost, and the work that it required. Thanks a lot.
  20. S

My Explorer is a 2000 with the dismal stock guage cluster. I love the white cluster that Ford switched to for the '02+ Sport and want to upgrade. Does anyone have a suggestion for what product I should buy? Some of my options include: -Swap for a cluster from an '02 sport at a junkyard...
  21. S

Rear end Sag

What year were your leaf packs from? And how much did they cost? Anyone else, feel free to jump in on this discussion.
  22. S

Rear end Sag

Celly, you say you used a leaf pack set off a '96 4-door? You only replaced the rear springs, correct? And I also noticed that you have the white face gauges that you got from an '02 Sport. Did that fit your '00 exactly or did you have to "tinker" with it. Btw/ you have the IDENTICAL Explorer...
  23. S

Rear end Sag

So what goes into this kind of "mod"? Does this replace the springs from all four corners of the vehicle? Are there any drawbacks to this, in other words, will I be sacrificing something in order to gain an inch or two? Really, I just want the rear lifted an inch or so since it sags just enough...
  24. S

Rear end Sag

I have seen guys who have used 1" lift blocks in the rear. Would this do any damage to the universal joint or driveshaft system?
  25. S

Rear end Sag

Dreamr, why won't the aal work for my 2 door Xplorer?
Back