Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Rough Starting code P1451

So to start out I have a stock 2000 ford explorer 4.0L SOHC. I recently changed the fuel pump and fuel filter both motorcraft parts and it still has a hard time starting up. Cranks over about 8 to 10 times then finally starts up and after that it runs perfectly. the code that i am currently...
  2. P

Rockauto.com

is rockauto a credible site that i can buy quality parts off of and not be worried
  3. P

2000 ford explorer starter and running problems

update: the tank is dropped and i hot wired the pump to the battery and got nothing so getting a new sender assembly recommendations on sender assembly and where to get it cheap
  4. P

Whats the Best Air intake for performance and Oil Filter?

Not putting a tune in my car just want it to run better. Doing a full overhaul once I change the fuel pump and whichever 02 sensors are bad
  5. P

I'm just looking for the best air filter for performance and making the vehicle run better overall
  6. P

i cant find the Amsoil EAA122 air filter anywhere
  7. P

2000 ford explorer tune up

What air filter would you guys recommend both for improved performance and a smoother running car? i just checked my filter and it was almost all black or atleast way darker than the original tan or white so it definitely needs changed
  8. P

I couldn't understand if you actually liked the Silicon ones or not in that statement
  9. P

No im in johnstown pa so just stick with motorcraft parts ok lol
  10. P

Do y have brands that you recommend for everything I need to service?
  11. P

Yea that's what I'm trying to become you can also continue to buy older cheaper vehicles if you know what you're doing as well
  12. P

Yea it's broken down a ton and has an engine with only 8k miles on it. I was never really a big car guy but now that I'm older and starting to have money I'm becoming more interested and would love to learn the ins and outs on this car and make it 100% reliable so I can stop worryING everytime I...
  13. P

Ok thanks I just want to make sure it runs great since I'm already throwing money out for a new pump
  14. P

Well after i get this new fuel pump put in i want to do a full tune on the car. what are the recommended parts for the list below O2 sensors spark plugs Fuel Filter Air Filter and if i missed anything i should also change could you list that too please
  15. P

I posted it before but got no reply
  16. P

Yea it's been like 20 degrees here and windy since the day I posted and the work is outside so I couldn't stay warm enough to even pull the crankshaft position sensor out. I'm gonna work on it as soon as I can but I have another vehicle so it's no big deal just want it fixed bc the other car is...
  17. P

There's power to all fuel pump relays but fuel pump isn't priming so fuel isn't gonna run to the engine if the pump isn't priming. How do I check the initial switch it's in the on position now but how do I check to see if power is getting to it?
  18. P

There's power to all fuel pump relays but fuel pump isn't priming so fuel isn't gonna run to the engine if the pump isn't priming. How do I check the initial switch it's in the on position now but how do I check to see if power is getting to it?
  19. P

Well everything in the power junction box looks to be good but it started raining so I'll have to check the inertia switch tomorrow how do I check that
  20. P

Ok so I just checked the other lead in it which is 0 for the other relays and it read 12v is it wired back words from the other two relays even though they have the same connection?
  21. P

How to: Ford Explorer PCM Power Procedure

Well no power to the relay input it read 0 where as all the other oneside read 12.6
  22. P

Oh one last thing I'm confused onto which is the power input and power output numbers are on the relay so I can test them right and how would I test them with the multimeter? Would it be easier with a test?
  23. P

Ok I'll keep this all in mind but it's been snowing here for two days now so it'll have to wait until the weekend to check all this out
  24. P

There's none where the relays are. In the back there's a black box I've noticed visible corrosion on to the point where idt the bolts can be unscrewed. Could it be something there? It looks like stuff from the pump runs either into it or out of it
Back