Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

stephens sporty 94

I'd like to think so! the platform seems to keep getting more and more popular, so I feel a duty to give back to the community because one thread can be the difference between a short easy job and a long hard one.
  2. S

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

what rates and or valving did you get for the radflos?
  3. S

stephens sporty 94

some newer shots of the explorer in its current form, kingpin 60/10.25 5.38s grizzly lockers in each end, atlas 5 to 1, and stock 4.0/M5od. running some FOA reservoir shocks up front and some Doetsch Tech 8000s in the rear. wild horse 5.5 springs and duff arms up front. spring over and some big...
  4. S

stephens sporty 94

I am doubting many still get on here, but I am going to start posting some modifications done to the X if only to preserve the information for future members/ inquiring minds, will post some info on my saginaw swap and ported steering box. looking at fuel cells that will be mounted under the...
  5. S

stephens sporty 94

have been busy with lots of stuff! graduated college got a new job! explorer swapped axles again (tons!) and on some 39.5x16.5r17s. will grab some pictures been trying to put some miles on the gears for snow season!
  6. S

Questions/advice about my build?

I ran 35s with a ******* 4 inch lift, watch the rough country drivers side extension plate hitting the diff. I just cut a lot of my fender.
  7. S

Tim's '93 Sport

if you get a chance check out Jim hyatts explorer on facebook or IG he has the exact same paint scheme as my sport and he has finberglass fenders and SAS, doesnt look to bad.
  8. S

Tim's '93 Sport

I can understand wanting to keep the mintyness of your explorer, I really wanted to do that with mine, and now my inner fenders are pounded, rockers and fenders cut 40s and atlas 5 to 1. ever thought about just pulling your minty fenders and run a set of fiberglass ones painted to match...
  9. S

Tim's '93 Sport

my bad I could've sworn your post said "flywheel bolts" my apologies. my clutch and pressure plate came with bolts. also did you get the larger SOHC clutch?
  10. S

Why not just switch to GPS speedometer?
  11. S

stephens sporty 94

Hey any opinions on shocks? expensive vs cheap? almost done with my Wristed radius arm and need a 12 inch travel shock for the front. I'm thinking monotubes for body roll but am open to anything. also really need to get a picture on here with the 38.5/15r16 boggers on the explorer.
  12. S

How about cooper MTPs? the discount tire does a sale once or twice a year that's "$100 off $400" think my MTPs were $633 from ebay. bought 2 tires in one transaction, 2 in the other transaction. That's $200s off 4 tires. So far they're quiet and grip great in the snow aired down to 2/3 psi cant...
  13. S

I plugged my speedo hole, I use a speedhut GPS speedometer super accurate and stays accurate when swapping tires
  14. S

yeah one ripp through the mud and im regretting it every day, gonna power wash it soon...
  15. S

it was kind of dark but I can take more shots tomorrow if you need, also if you need a specific picture let me know.
  16. S

I recently installed my atlas, it was a pain to do it but I installed the shifters after getting the atlas into place I did like some and lowered my trans mount about an inch and notched the 4wd shifter area fit nicely, I can get some pictures if you want.
  17. S

stephens sporty 94

not really, gonna run stockers tell i decide what im gonna do, but the plan is to fab some up still on the fence on extended vs wristed vs extended and wristed, joints etc. need to update this thread with some pictures, the explorer now has an atlas 2 speed with 5 to 1 low, 2nd gear in low is...
  18. S

RJ's B2 Build

I do RJ. two set actually.
  19. S

Always suspect the DPFE

I have the same code? what brand do you recommend? I'm pretty sure my orileys one was bad out of the box. stock one was so corroded.
  20. S

stephens sporty 94

well update time. bought @Four0Sport's front end and some other things.
  21. S

I've seen some pictures of a guy put new aftermarket Hangers in front of the Factory ones and run Chevrolet 63/64in leaves with success.
  22. S

stephens sporty 94

Cooper MTP only availbile through discount tire.
  23. S

stephens sporty 94

Thats my plan is to have it fold out from the drawers to make a sleeping platform that goes over the folded seats and maybe an extension to even go a bit further if the front seats were folded forward. that way I would have the storage for wheeling gear tools etc and a place to sleep thats not a...
  24. S

stephens sporty 94

Yeah I was thinking about swapping axles with a guy to get non cast wedges, I've see a few leaf SAS with 79 axles using toyota hangers, but Id rather have the shackle in the front than the rear. but another option would be slider boxes, all the stability of shackle rear but reduced ride height...
Back