Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. skoville

driver's door wont unlock!

I'll have to dig in soon and fix mine. The I think the neighbors have a pool going when I go to unlock the door to see how long it takes . Right now if I jiggle the handle while turning the key, move it up and down, jiggle some more. bump the door, etc. Sometimes 30sec. sometimes a couple...
  2. skoville

Sunroof motor connections

Took the motor,Triad to post images, the brushes. Tried to send images but postimage must be down. That armature definite low s spots and T think that's why it's sporatec. I don't it's repairable
  3. skoville

Outside door pillar discolored

My old boss did that to a vintage Cadillac with roof,really turned sharp. Simulated Leopard. Good luck!
  4. skoville

I had a Cougar with a sunroof and didn't use it that often either. Me too. Wondered about the plastic, too. That's why I asked. Really stiff to manually turn. Well tomorrows another day.
  5. skoville

Doing some Google hopping I ran across a post where the guy said he uses a allen wrench to open/close his sunroof. There's a plastic torx fitting in the side of the motor, that must be it. Before I run out and buy a torx set has anyone used this?
  6. skoville

We're thinking alike. That's what I'm doing next. Just spotted a whole sunroof assemble for $175. I don't even want to look up what shipping would cost from Ohio.
  7. skoville

Well, I'm at a loss. Yesterday it was working off the switch both ways. Left it to finish today and it did nothing. If I manually rotate the shaft it works. As soon as you stop it's dead again. I'm guessing both units have a dead spot in the motor. I bought the cheapest one on ebay, but I can't...
  8. skoville

By golly, I think that did it. The power supply I'm using is one of those emergency Power Pacts that just didn't have enough charge in it. at least it's going back and forth now, from the switch. Unless the motor is just tired. Well...clockwise, anyway.
  9. skoville

Many thanks J_C. I'm sure the diagrams will com in handy. I've tried many combinations, including your suggestions. I either get nothing, solenoid clicking, or get it to actually turn. May have to make another trip to the bone or tear one of these apart
  10. skoville

There are only 3 wires from the switch and 3 on the motor. Where I would supply power or which wire goes where I don't know. I know I would have to supply power to one of the wires (I think the black)The schematics don't help. This is a 1999 console and I doubt my 1997 had any temp/compass...
  11. skoville

Hi, J_C. A bunch of thanks for the brain work. Now if I can get the post together to make any sense.:snicker: I believe your right about the red wire. I think the switch flip flops the current to change the rotation. That would be the other 2 wires with the switch controlling it. Between your...
  12. skoville

Hi gang. I have a feeling I'm going about this the wrong way. The sunroof motor has 3 wires. Red in the middle and blue on one side and brown on the other. The motor is out and my thought was ; red=positive; blue=close; brown=open. (Or vice versa) I'm getting the impression that the switch comes...
  13. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

Always wanted one of those. I'm on it. Thanks gang.
  14. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

This has to be the 1st used car I've gotten without a owner's manual. #1 is where mine is. I should be able to get a readout on line to see about the relay. We all know it will not be there, but I'll check. #2 Have not looked there. #3 Same as 2 #4 Know that one well. Fuel pump went out where...
  15. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

Thanks, traveler! Mighty nice of you. One fell into my tool box when I was at the bone yard so I "think" I'm all set. Seeing that I may have to replace the hatch I may just stop here and wait for better weather to swap out the whole thing.
  16. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

I agree to a point. When 1st tested ran both ways. 2nd test, same exact set up, solenoid would click but no revolutions either way. Tapping a few times and turning gear produced one direction but sparks in the other. As you know there are only 3 wires. Middle is b+ and grounding one of the...
  17. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

How about that. All set to reassemble the motor and console and checked the motor once again. Works one way but sparks like hell the other way. Found one on EBay for $40. Gives me time to check the rear wiper.
  18. skoville

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for my overhead console.

You wonderful human being !! This is perfect. Thank you.
  19. skoville

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for my overhead console.

So far every diagram download for the roof console has been removed. Anyone has a valid DL? I'll keep looking. It's a 1999 console I'm putting in a 1997 EX. Would save an awful lot of time. Thanks.
  20. skoville

I asked for a wiring diagram and got the same message. WTF is that about?

I asked for a wiring diagram and got the same message. WTF is that about?
  21. skoville

driver's door wont unlock!

How many carats was that! Should have stayed a mechanic.
  22. skoville

Driver's Side Door Lock is Broken

Welllll... they want $400 to put in a water pump, so I'm a member of the wiggle. rattle, whack. and crawl in the passenger side club for a while. There was a time I would do it myself, just a little more difficult now.
  23. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

well the moon roof window seems to be OK. Took it out and ran from the battery, swapped leads and it runs both ways. I might run into a problem with the 99 console-mines a 97. Just have to work on which wire goes where. Doubt if the plugs are the same. Cutting and splicing in order.
  24. skoville

Rear Wiper Switch

Good advice, thanks. Have test and VOM. As soon as I get the driver door working, I'll tackle the electrical.
Back