Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Do you have the twin panel moon roof? If soo, any issues with the very low weight rating for the roof rack (45lbs) .
  2. Z

Plasti Dipped Wheels

The one think I really like about the PeelCoat, it's a rubberized coating. As a result, when detailing the wheels....just spray your favorite tire shine (Amour All or similar) on wheels and tires, wipe off excess....doesn't get any easier than that.
  3. Z

Plasti Dipped Wheels

It adheres to the surface better. I did the same thing on my truck and it latest over 3 years. Not worried about the clear coat as I will never go back to the original color.
  4. Z

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

I did this a few months ago. I purchased the clips at Lowe’s, item J3 Then painted with Ruby Red touch up paint. I used 3 coats Installed. They have been installed for 18 months and still look great, although pictures below are from 3 mouths, survived winter driving in the mountains...
  5. Z

Plasti Dipped Wheels

I was only allowed to post 10 photos, here is the 11th:
  6. Z

Plasti Dipped Wheels

I've been lurking for a while but have yet to post, if this has already been covered, please let me know, I did search and was not able to find much,. Picked up a 2016 Sport in December, and immediately took it to Discount Tire for new shoes, 265/50 20 Bridgestone Blizzaks. Now I had 2 sets of...
  7. Z

Why Mod a New Vehicle?

This protects consumers from Dealers claiming voided warrantees: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/statutes/magnuson-moss-warranty-federal-trade-commission-improvements-act You can see "user" friendly write up on the Magnuson-Moss act in wikipedia
  8. Z

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

I like what you've done there. I want to do the exact same thing, but on my Ruby Red. I've found a few on eBay that are painted red and a few guys on eBay that will custom paint for me, just need to pull the trigger. Here is what I am going for: I've already removed the front license plate...
  9. Z

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I picked up a 2016 Sport in December. 2 days after buying it, I put on Blizzak DM-V2 265/50R20. Very happy with the tires. Great snow/ice traction and very quiet. BTW - purchased tires at Discount Tire and used the $70 Costco coupon, which they matched. I also went with the 265's as they did...
Back