Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

auto-rx

i dont know if anyone has used this but its awsome stuff and it really works!! i do it on all of my vehicles and you guys should check it out... go to www.auto-rx.com
  2. E

97 4.0 engine rattle

ok ive been reading alot about this and the fixes from searching....i just want to make sure of my problem before i order anything or try anything.....my explorer runs like a champ but it makes the horrible rattleing noise like i have read about on here but at differnt times....it normally dosnt...
  3. E

HARD shifts!

ok thanks for your info again! lol im going to drop the pan in a couple days so where is the EPC? and how am i going to know if its bad? i read that the plastic around it cracks and i can check it with my multimeter?
  4. E

HARD shifts!

ok when i drive my 97 xlt about once every 2 days the o/d light will start blinking and it will shift kinda hard. it only does it when the light is blinking though. i just had a 20q flush and it diddnt change it. but i know the tranny has really low pressure. any ideas on what could be wrong? or...
  5. E

o/d light makes shift hard?

ok i was saying in one of my other posts that i just did the machine flush on my 97 xlt and the tranny only had about 10lbs of pressure...the fluid was very dirty and we flushed 20 quarts....but when im driving it will shift awsome but somtimes when i get on it or just for no reason the o/d off...
  6. E

Tranny pump!..what to do!?!?

thanks alot........yeah well ive been driving it for 2 days now and the tranny light hasnt came on once and its shifting great so maby the flush cleaned the screens and helped...im going to drop the pan in a lil bit and see if any bolts are loose and clean the pan and change the filter just to...
  7. E

ok thanks i found enough info on the epc....im not a noob to motors of any sort but i dont know a damn thing about auto trannys.....this is the first auto ive ever owned so thats why the noob questions....but the only thing i diddnt understand was how to do the spray test?
  8. E

i searched the epc solenoid but diddnt get anything.....could i do anything else to gain more pressure? and whats the epc solenoid?
  9. E

yeah well its proly at like 10lbs or so because the flush machine takes pressure away from it while its working but it was extremly low.....it the pump way up inside the tranny or is it pretty easy to get to when the tranny is out
  10. E

we tested it in park on the flush machine.....the flush machine wouldnt even work intil i held it at 2000rpms to get more pump pressure.....but it dosnt slip at all
  11. E

ok on my 97 xlt 4.0 i just hooked it up to the tranny flush machine and flushed it....the tranny pump only put out about 5lbs of pressure.....the fluid was really bad in it but now its good and it has 160,000 miles on it....im not sure if its the original tranny but it probably is....my question...
  12. E

rear lock HELP!!

wow noone knows what may be the problem?
  13. E

rear lock HELP!!

does anyone know what brings power to the rear hatch lock? im getting no power to that or the wiper and sometimes i will get bursts of power to them....the part to lock it with the key is broken so i cant lock my hatch and i carry alot of equitment in it
  14. E

no power to rear hatch

any ideas where the power comes from? any boxes?.....i need to find out soon so i can get this back locking
  15. E

no power to rear hatch

i have a 97 xlt and im getting no power to the rear hatch so the wiper and the lock accuator wont work but somtimes it would come back and the wiper would go a few times and then it would just cut off again. the rear defroster works fine and i can hear the wiper relay kicking in and out in the...
Back