Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

2003 sport trac timing chain question

My engine is at 200k now. So it made it awhile without getting it replaced. There were bits of plastic in the oil pan. But should I still just get the tensioners replaced? Or since it's older just get everything changed
  2. 2

2003 sport trac timing chain question

have a 03 sport trac xlt. Made another post that was said to be the timing chains going out. I'm getting a new engine instead of getting it fixed. But I always asked if it was the timing chains going out. Wouldn't the noise always be loud , and always making a noise? I'm asking because some...
  3. 2

Rattling when accelerating

I'm just going to sell it. But can y'all tell me why the rattle goes away after some time
  4. 2

No he said the complete set. He said get the whole timing chain set which I found for 100 bucks at autozone. I work with him at my job
  5. 2

But he won't be able to change it for another two weeks. If I drive easy on my truck(including having to get on the freeway) will I be Able to make it
  6. 2

Found someone that will charge 200 bucks to change timing chain. This is a good deal right
  7. 2

I believe what you guys are saying. I'm just letting you know. And do you know why it doesn't rattle sometimes ? Shouldn't this always happen
  8. 2

Ok the noise is back. At times the noise is really loud but this is rare? And the mechanic said it could also be a valve is bad or something. What do you guys think
  9. 2

Ok update. I'm going to get it fixed. But there's something up. The temperature is about 75 right now. The last two days it's been in the 70s. I've noticed the timing chain rattle has been faint. Then today. I start my car I hear no rattle, I drive I hear nothing. Does the outside temperature...
  10. 2

And could it be the timing chain tensioner?
  11. 2

So i should change my oil and look for chunks?
  12. 2

Never mind it is. Wow smh. Right when i'm getting ready to move. I see that repairs cost over a grand. Imma hurry up and put it up for sale hope I can get over a grand for it
  13. 2

Alright. Well someone is going to come check it out Friday. And I don't hear it at idle. Just when I rev it in park real high. Or as i'm accelerating
  14. 2

he said if it was the timing chain it would rattle, it would stop the car running
  15. 2

somebody came over and said it could be the fly wheel
  16. 2

I'm not seeing anything on it. You're scaring me tho
  17. 2

2003 sport trac xlt. 4.0 v6 sohc
  18. 2

this morning my truck made this rattle noise when I accelerate. It does it when i'm in park and I rev it to a certain point as well. I tried to do some research on it. And I saw something about switching gas. I originally always used the normal 87. Then someone told me to use 89. They said it...
  19. 2

Backdoor not locking

I finally got my quarter glass fixed , and now i have to go back to the highway patrol to get my truck inspected. Now I find out my door isn't locking. Like I hit the lock button and it doesn't move. I try to pull and push the lock up and down and it doesn't move. Is this an easy fix? How do I...
  20. 2

2003 sport trac right quarter glass needs to be replaced

Quick question. Is the quarter glass bolted in or glued in?
  21. 2

Damn. Well do you know a website I can order from other than eBay ? For something cheaper than 94 bucks
  22. 2

I have the xlt. Does it matter ?
  23. 2

You're talking about the smaller one right? Right behind the passenger window. Shaped a little like a triangle?
Back