Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

94 Ltd Woes pt 2

Its not throwing a code because its not running... And I dont have to pay for my Subaru forums... i just asked a question. If I can get some help, id be glad to support this site.
  2. M

94 Ltd Woes pt 2

attn admin Please move this thread to Explorer 911, thanks
  3. M

94 Ltd Woes pt 2

Ive had an intermittent no-start problem since Ive purchased this truck with 223k on the clock. I know when it would start because when the idiot lights turn on when you turn the key, the check engine light would be illuminated when it was going to start. (When it stayed off, I knew it wasnt...
  4. M

94 Ltd Woes..

Came back onto the forum scene.. Picked up a 1994 Limited for a winter truck/tow rig. Did some fluid changes etc. Truck was running well for the first two weeks or so, but now, after its warmed up, it bogs out on the highway. Like, I have to rev it up to get it going. It isnt the...
  5. M

seat swap

how about door panels????
  6. M

seat swap

thanks a lot
  7. M

seat swap

can seats from other year explorers swap into my 94? (are the rear seats the same width, do the brackets line up, etc.) I have no way to verify this myself as I dont know anyone with an explorer that I could take a look at to see myself. Has anyone swapped seats from a 3rd gen explorer into a...
  8. M

New interior: pics too.

So the door panels on my 94 xlt have been getting greenish, as the dye has been separating after 11 years, so randomly today I stopped by the Rag Shop. Keep in mind, my X is green. plus I am working on the panels right now. Results later
  9. M

suspension/steering question.

How would I check out any of that? Whats an easy way to tell?
  10. M

suspension/steering question.

I have a question regarding my 1994 XLT. The steering feels quite loose and the car seems to steer sloppy. When I come to a full stop, sometimes I hear a single "thunk" from the front of the car. Also, at low speeds sometimes I hear a high pitched noise .. something from the brakes I think? I...
  11. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

I've had the truck for over a year, and I want something different. If I told you what I wanted, I'd probably get flamed on the the forum. Its simple. I'll keep it if it doesn't sell for a decent price, as I have not had any trouble with it. Here is everyone's chance to own one of the cleanest...
  12. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

For Sale http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1147338#post1147338
  13. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

i cleaned up the engine bay, and cleaned up the rear bumper and refinished the hitch.
  14. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have to get some pics after it gets detailed, stripe removed, and the dings removed
  15. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

Work in Progress: -swap to manual hubs -re-wire system with Monster cable -snadblasting and painting misc underbody -Limited conversion on misc aspects incl door panels, grille, etc -pinstripe removal -new weatherstrip for front doors -trim changed to limited -remove all dings and...
  16. M

95 + wheels on a 94?

Will 95+ stock Explorer rims fit on my 1994 XLT with 4wd? I was just curious to see. And if I wanted to put aftermarket rims on it, would i have to order special center caps to let my hubs go through?
  17. M

hubs

my auto hubs are broken on my 94 xlt, and I was wondering if the manual hubs are a plug and play replacement/ how to install them. What steps would I have to take to replace the autos with the manual hubs?
  18. M

Blinker Issues.

all the bulbs are brand new as are the fuses and relays inthe fuse panel under the dash.
  19. M

Blinker Issues.

The 4 way flashers work on my 94 xlt, but when i engage a turn signal, the light turns on but just stays solid. Ive replaced the fuse for the blinkers under the dash, along with the blue round flasher module, the round silver flasher module, all three silver box shaped relays in the fuse panel...
  20. M

Mike621's 94 XLT

1994 Ford Explorer XLT K&N Air Filter Clear Corners Clear Tail lenses with LED lighting JVC KDH1100 Headunit MB Quart 6x8 in all 4 doors Class 3 Hitch Platinum 4 plugs w/ performance wires. q forms install with MB Quart sub(bought, not in) monster cable throughout(bought but not...
  21. M

Transmission Cooler?

I tow cars regularly with my Ford Explorer, and I know that the 91-94's (mines a 94 XLT) are notorious for transmission trouble. Should I add on a transmission cooler to extend the life of my transmission? Just curious. --Mike
  22. M

Transmission done?? Please help

In regards to the transmission, It has been supposingly rebuilt, according to the previous owner of the truck, whom I bought the truck for parts from a months ago. There are 150k miles on the truck, The previous owner estimated there were no more than 35,000 on the rebuilt transmission. It...
  23. M

t-case/diff swap to fix 4wd??????

My 4wd is giving me trouble on my 94 XLT, and I have been told by a mechanic that it is not a problem with the hubs. The transfer case seems to have some gunk buildup around the thick gasket on it. I am not sure if it is either the transfer case or the front differential giving me trouble, but I...
  24. M

Smokin' like banshee!

I live in North Jersey, there are someplaces you just dont want to ever stop... no matter how much smoke... I had a Suzuki Sidekick before my X, and that thing left me everywhere.
  25. M

Transmission done?? Please help

Ill sell you a trans for 125. I am parting out a 91 XL, and it needs to go.
Back