Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Brake line sizes and muffler suggestion

I am replacing brake lines on our B2300, does anyone know the diameter of the brake lines from the ABS to the rear splitter? I replaced the ones from the rear splitter to the brake cylinders with 3/16" Nickel Copper to prevent rust, the issue which initiated a brake line replacement in the first...
  2. S

Engaged 4WD without front propeller shaft installed.

Thanks everybody for the help. I will have to find out in 4WD
  3. S

Engaged 4WD without front propeller shaft installed.

I removed the propeller shaft out of my 2001 Sport Trac trying to narrow down a vibration. Anyways, not knowing there is an issue with doing this, I engaged 4WD. I previously had the transfer case apart and wanted to test to make sure there were no weird noises in 4WD. Have I caused any damage...
  4. S

Lost S/C bleeder screw inside transmission

I have made great progress since the last time I posted here! I used the magnetic tool to reach near the bottom of the pressure plate and flywheel through the inspection port in the transmission. Within 30 seconds, I heard a "click", removed the magnetic tool, and the bleeder screw was attached...
  5. S

Great idea! Have not had a chance to try with a magnetic tool yet. I will update how that turns out. If not successful, I might pull the starter out and try the magnetic tool there also.
  6. S

I looked through the inspection plug port on the side of the transmission, everything looks dry at the slave cylinder. The fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir has always stayed full. Trying to burp air out of the system was when the master cylinder started to leak. Replaced that and...
  7. S

That is next years' project along with the clutch and related components. The shifting into 1st and reverse from a stop was getting very difficult, and at one point even getting into upper gears. I researched this issue and concluded there must be air in the system. Tried the burp the air out of...
  8. S

Not a stick shift on my truck. Other truck I am working on. I will try a magnetic tool and see where that gets to. I tried a super powerful magnet on the outside of the case, but it was just too bulky.
  9. S

S/C is short for slave cylinder. This post was originally under the Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series forums. This is a different truck I am working on. I wish my Sport Trac was a stick shift. I have had a lot of issues with the 5R55E. I made a post on the 2001-2005 Sport Trac forum recently...
  10. S

Also, what do you think that white clumpy crap from the S/C is? It was clogging the bleeder screw and line.
  11. S

Great idea! I will have to give it a try. Willing to try it if it prevents me from having to pull transmission.
  12. S

I believe it is in the bell housing. The part with the flywheel and clutch assembly. Concerned about it hitting flywheel or catching inside pressure plate. I tried a strong magnet on the outside of the aluminum case, but it did not bring anything back. I can almost fit my hand into S/C...
  13. S

I opened the S/C bleeder screw and did not get any fluid flow, just the occasional small bubble. I removed the bleeder screw thinking it might be clogged. Found this clumpy white stuff clogging it up, and slowly coming out of bleeder screw port. I finally got fluid flow and went to put bleeder...
  14. S

5R55E slipping out of first gear when warm

I had brought it in to have it looked at by Ford, they confirmed the fluid level and condition is correct. I will check for any codes, my battery completely died recently, so it might not have any yet. Will update when I know.
  15. S

Anybody have any help?
  16. S

I have a 5R55E transmission that has been slipping out of first gear, almost into neutral it seems, and I have to remove my foot from the gas, and let it clunk back into gear, then it's fine. It only will do this when the transmission fluid is warm, only once, then drive with no symptoms. Or if...
  17. S

Door hinge pins

I actually called Ford to ask for them because I couldn't find aftermarket hinge pins that were a correct fit. With new Ford hinge pins and bushings, they should definitely fit correctly. Thanks again for the help RangerX.
  18. S

Body bushing help

Good point, and I've just put off doing this project for so long, I want to make sure I have all the information I need to just get it done. Thanks for the help everyone.
  19. S

Coolant change fluid type

Thank you donalds and RangerX. Just what I needed to know.
  20. S

Door hinge pins

Will the OEM Ford door hinge pins with bushings fit a Mazda B series truck?
  21. S

Coolant change fluid type

I am going to replace the coolant on our 2002 B2300. I have no problem paying for the factory OEM fluid. The fluid appears to be original. I looked in the owner's manual for the type, called Mazda to see if they have it, and they said they do not make that anymore, but have an orange...
  22. S

Body bushing help

Do you risk the body misaligning by removing both sides? How do you know if it has happened? I removed both for A. B and C are non existent on both sides, so no support there. I think my truck body might have moved when trying to lift one side.
  23. S

Body bushing help

Yes, I do have a Sport Trac. I thought you were basing your body bushings off of the Explorer in your profile picture, which I thought had 5 on each side. Are you supposed to only do one side at a time? I have removed bolts for A, B, and C, but when trying to jack the body up enough, it seems...
  24. S

Body bushing help

Is the Explorer that you have a different design for the body bushings? I thought they had 5 bushings on each side. It seems when I try to lift the truck body up without loosening bushing D, the jack almost presses through the floor.
  25. S

Body bushing help

I have been working to replace the body bushings and hardware in positions A, B and C. Does body bushing D have to be loosensed to have clearance to remove and install hardware and bushings in other positions? If it does need to be loosened, any tips on how to hold bottom piece from spinning...
Back