Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1998 V6 RWD Ford Explorer - Blown OD Sprag and slow Coolant Leak

This is a tough one to write, but I have a 1998 V6 RWD Bright Red Explorer and she's blown her overdirve sprag in the transmission. The transmission shop quoted me $4551 for a new transmission and another $4500 for a new engine gasket. I could do these things myself but I don't have the tools or...
  2. M

'98 XLT Mystery Electrical Problems - Brakes, Windows, Cruise, Locks

Update! It turned out to be a bad Cruise control switch on the steering wheel!
  3. M

Cruise Control not working!

I just went through this on my 98 Explorer, the switch lasted 2 years but it had a lifetime warranty. Check your cab fuses for any blown fuses. For my model year, the Brake Light activation circuit was on the same circuit as the deactivation switch and the switch ended up grounding out, causing...
  4. M

Yes, the wheel does tilt. The fuse problem seems to have been resolved after the replacement of the Cruise Control Switch. Cruise control still doesn't work however.
  5. M

The person I bought it from replaced them with used parts... they seem worn and C/C never worked for me. That is on my list of potential parts to replace.
  6. M

I replaced it myself 2 years ago to the black switch. However, since then it seems to have gone bad.... is that to be expected? I don't know, but either way my cruise control didn't work after I replaced it. Now here I am replacing it again.
  7. M

UPDATE! I have checked the Cruise Control Relay, (PN: CCR 12) on the Master Cylinder and disconnected it and placed a new fuse and it worked! When I connected it again the fuse blew! I picked up a new part and hopefully this will fix the problem. Below is the part in question! Most of you might...
  8. M

Is that in the rear passenger side trunk area? I opened the back storage cubby with the net and it looked bone dry with no burn marks from what I could see. With that said it might be worth another look. The sealing on the winder above that is bad and it leaks water when it rains.
  9. M

I know where the servo is now, Good ol youtube provides! I'll be checking it out after work today.
  10. M

I tried that one already, removed the wires and capped the connector. Fuse still blows.
  11. M

I will try disconnecting the Cruise Control switch and see if that works. I'm not expecting it because I replaced that with a new module a year ago. Where is the servo? Thanks!
  12. M

Hey everyone! I've been driving this bad boy for 2 years now and it's always had electrical problems of some sort. I will list the symptoms first and after that I will list what I've tried to do about them. None of my solutions worked, so if anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful...
Back