Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Trying to figure out why such a hard idle at idle 02 4.6 4x4

That was one of my concerns. It did have the engine cover in which I will secure back to the top of the engine. As far as source I'm not entirely sure. Also, the spark plug did not look healthy on the underside where it sparks. I want to clean the engine, but am nervous to. I believe I...
  2. S

So I replaced the spark plugs and coils. Check engine is off and it is running smooth like butter. I'm not a regular mechanic, but the weird thing is it seems to turn smoother now as well. Didn't touch IAV valve, throttle body, or pvc. BTW for those who may have the same problem that I had...
  3. S

Solved Transmission servo piston shaft broke in the bore.

I put both of the pistons I removed back in, no new pistons.
  4. S

These look cooler :-). Is there a trick to getting the back two spark plugs in on the passenger, they're being lil' *******s and not starting.
  5. S

Picked up some along with new coils and spark plugs.
  6. S

So I finally hooked up the scanner tool. There is a misfire on cylinders 2 and 8. I removed spark plug out of what I believe is cylinder 8, and the spark plug did come out with what appears to be a bit of water. Any good ideas for removing the water??? thanks!!!
  7. S

So far nothing. Today is my day to get under the hood. Going to check IAC valve and throttle body. Not sure if those would be the culprit for the new gas smell issue?
  8. S

Windshield wipers stopped working and I have a weird PD/Fuse box

My stepmom got in here 2007 Ford Explorer yesterday morning and turned on the front windshield wipers to clear ice and snow, to find out they wont move. I figured she probably blew a fuse so I went into the PDB (and fuse box on drivers side), but the PD box looks like nothing I can find...
  9. S

Please do let me know what your results are. Also, when I get in and start the vehicle, I smell gas inside, but only after startup. Any ideas??? thanks!!!
  10. S

It does kind of remind me of a bearing issue. Do you think it could be the torque converter, I feel like I had read something about that and rumbling? Also when I turn it feels like things tighten, almost as if I have super large/wide tires. This is my first SUV, however I have had trucks...
  11. S

Well... that is a fair question. I spent $210 on the fancy pistons with the sleeve and got them installed. However, they came with some o-rings and I followed the instructions for installing them, but it did not feel right. So, I emailed the company that I purchased the pistons from and asked...
  12. S

I'll check them out, thank you!
  13. S

Just used 400 grit special sandpaper, and used the pistons that I removed originally. Honestly not sure if they were from the factory or replacements.
  14. S

Hi again guys, So I have noticed when I'm stopped and at idle, my explorer feels like its idling hard, or as my son puts it "whys it bumpy". Wondering what it could be, also sometimes the vehicle stalls why stopped at a light, and when I turn it gives a rumbling feel as well. Not sure if all...
  15. S

Cool, thank you! So after numerous attempts to get piston out and getting transmission apart, and receiving new parts that came broken, I finally have a running Explorer. I honestly did not know what to expect due to putting in all the parts that I took out. But its running after a nightmare...
  16. S

Anything I could spray to remove any possible fragments that could had been lost in there? Thanks
  17. S

Have not heard the name before. Today with the valve body removed and a higher strength magnet the lil ******* came out by working it in and out with the magnet before it finally came loose/out, but not before finally cutting the o-ring and pulling away from the piston and out of the bore. Any...
  18. S

Yea, found them on the list. Its one of the top mechanic shops in the area. Thanks for the link.
  19. S

I'm guessing after market are better?
  20. S

Not sure, when you are referring to ones with o- rings do you mean the ones with the sleeves?
  21. S

The boo boo part is correct. Trying to avoid $1800- $2500 by doing most myself. Happy with what I've learned from my boo boo, so far cheaper and better than paying for schooling. Love and miss my explorer why it sits apart, but luckily I have other cars. I think it's fascinating learning...
  22. S

Thanks for saving me days of waiting and hundreds of dollars. Going to drop by local highly reputable trans shop tomorrow.
  23. S

I tried to install these, but put the extra o-rings on each end before and after the sleeve. But then realized they were spares, so I have to pull the pistons back out to take them off. Now I'm getting to the longer part of the story. There goes $210. I'm about to hit the order button for...
  24. S

No worries. I'm not sure exactly why it broke, I thought it was pretty straight most of the time, this one was way easier to get in and out (until it broke) than the other.
Back