Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Power steering leak

I would say I have to fill it every two-three days. It's big enough that I notice it for sure.
  2. C

Power steering leak

I'm losing power steering fluid somewhere and can't find the leak. Whatever has been leaking has been leaking for a long time as I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. So, I went ahead and replaced the power steering pump and the high pressure line and the other line, but I'm still losing...
  3. C

How much would it cost to lift a 1994 Ford Explorer?

There is a lot of information on the site for cheap options to lift your truck. For a relatively cheap amount, you can create enough room for 33's. I can't remember off hand, but if you search around you will find it.
  4. C

Perfect, the kit fit my other side perfect. I just ended up using bolts because my rivet gun...

Perfect, the kit fit my other side perfect. I just ended up using bolts because my rivet gun didn't work and the bolts were cheaper than the rental of the gun. I don't know why it took me so long to finish the driver's side. The passenger side should be super easy now. Thanks again!!!
  5. C

Just a heads up, I just repaired my driver's side rear. So if they are different, I need you to...

Just a heads up, I just repaired my driver's side rear. So if they are different, I need you to send me the passenger rear. Thanks!
  6. C

Ok, just sent you a paypal payment. Just a quick question, I have a previous kit that I'm...

Ok, just sent you a paypal payment. Just a quick question, I have a previous kit that I'm getting ready to install that I purchased from you over a year ago. Does it matter which sides I'm working on? I don't know what I ordered before, so I'm just checking to make sure they are universal, or if...
  7. C

Now my passenger rear power window cables went. Do you still have the kit to replace the cables...

Now my passenger rear power window cables went. Do you still have the kit to replace the cables for a 91-94? If so, how much is it, I can paypal today.
  8. C

Water pump replacement

I changed the serpertine belt last year, so that should be good to go. I'll consider the fan, I may just replace it, we'll see how it looks.
  9. C

Water pump replacement

I've decided to tackle the job of replacing my water heater. I got a replacement and from the instructions here, I think I could do it myself. My question is what else should I go ahead and change while I'm in there? I got a new thermostat, plan on getting new idler and tensioner pulley's...
  10. C

How To: First Gen Rear Window with Cables Fix

What size bolts did you guys use? I don't have a rivet gun, but I have the parts already.
  11. C

Do you still have the parts to replace the cables in a 91-94 explorer rear door?

Do you still have the parts to replace the cables in a 91-94 explorer rear door?
  12. C

A4LD Governor Replacement

I'd have no idea how to do that, I guess I'll have to take it to the shop and have it looked at. Thanks!!!
  13. C

Anybody have an idea?
  14. C

Maybe "slipping" is the wrong word. It acts like it's in neutral in all the gears, reverse, od, d, 2 and 1. If I rev it up a little and back off, it drops into gear. Then when it's warm, doesn't do it again.
  15. C

I think I have a problem with my governor too. My transmission only slips when it is cold and just fired up. When the car is warm, it never does it. I'll put it into gear and it's like it slips out to neutral. Revving it get it to kick into gear again. Once I'm up to about 20mph, I never...
  16. C

exterior driver side door handle broken

Sorry, didn't see this sooner. I would think they would be the same part, but I didn't look in my back doors to check. It's not hard to do and you should be able to see them once you remove the door release.
  17. C

Strange sound on start up

Ok, I'll have to try that out, thank you!!!
  18. C

It's not slipping. I just put new valve gaskets on about 6 months ago and put in a new belt at that time. It just started squeaking about 2 weeks ago. I should have probably replaced the tensioner pulley when I changed the belt. My old belt was worn down one full groove, so I guess this could be...
  19. C

I've got the following strange sound when I start my 92 explorer: I've searched and come to the conclusion that I think my water pump is going bad. I found very small leaks in the snow the other day, otherwise, I haven't noticed any coolant leak. I can turn the fan both ways when the...
  20. C

Thanks, it's not difficult at all, hopefully this helps more people down the road.
  21. C

I forgot to mention, I have a 1992, your door may be different: Ok, finally got it all back together. Here is a pic of the part from NAPA: It's part # 735-5971 You have to take 3 screws off the door panel to get it off. The first two are above the door handle and the third is in the upper...
  22. C

I know this is about 8 months too late, but thought I would post for people to search for in the future. I had this same problem and dug through some old posts and found a solution. I'm waiting on the parts, but I will post up pics later with a pretty good detailed description. Here is the...
  23. C

Valve Gasket replacement

Ok, finally got to the driver's side and got it back installed. I have a problem at the vacuum tree though. I have an extra port and I can not find the missing hose. I also need to double check that I have each hose at the right place. Here is a close picture: The missing input is circled...
  24. C

Tbars gets a GPS

I really like it, I let my Dad borrow it and will probably get one for him for his birthday. I used it in Laughlin two weekends ago and in Palm Springs this past weekend and it performed flawlessly. Searching for points of interest is really easy. For the price, this little device is awesome...
  25. C

Valve Gasket replacement

I got busy and haven't had a chance to work on the Ex. I did finally get the passenger side back in and everything on that side put back together. I probably won't be able to get to the driver's side until next week. I'll post more when I have more update info.
Back