Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Turbos dumping WOT

I'll be check that first thanks
  2. M

Turbos dumping WOT

2014 sport 87k Ive had the VTA mod on the x for some time now,lately it seems like the turbos are dumping a lot more even under acceleration. While on the highway doing freeway speeds I will accelerate to wot then the turbos began dumping continuously and car lacks power.( Guessing from turbos...
  3. M

How to: PTU Oil Change (Tons of Pics) 2016 Explorer Sport

That would be a pretty lengthy process. You could always drill and tap the ptu and install a plug
  4. M

Easy task as long as you have the right tools and a drain plug is already installed.
  5. M

1/4" micro ratchet also a thumb ratchet works as well
  6. M

PTU and Rear Diff Fluid Change - 2011 Explorer XLT

Should I worry about adding any rear end additives to my 2014xsport?
  7. M

Finally all done! Thanks so much for the write up :chug:
  8. M

I'm doing the same, But I haven't had a burp in sometime now. I might have to switch to forcing it in if nothing happens here
  9. M

Doing mine right now. Just waiting around for these damn burps.... Lol
  10. M

2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out

Yeah AAA is getting a little steep these days. Clean records for both me and my wife too . Going to have to do some shopping. But I get the discounted rate on my home insurance, that's the only reason i have them for auto .
  11. M

Yes looked into that as well. My deductible is 500$ so wouldn't have worked out in my favor for this. At least it's on Ford's computer now tho
  12. M

So Ford went ahead and installed the new back window. After installing the window, Ford went ahead and diagnosed the Ex and didn't end up finding anything wrong as far as codes or a malfunctioning defroster of anysorts. So with no proof of any malfuction, ended up having to shell out 400$:(...
  13. M

Turned the Ex Sport into Ford. Service advisor says that no recalls or bullentions are listed for this issue. He also claims that he's seen this issue on Ford explorers but only in colder climates. Ford is going to check the memory and sensors for any faults. If they do find something that...
  14. M

Appreciate all the info, headed to Ford now.
  15. M

I've been researching it a bit, looks like it was common with the f150's a few years back. Also the escapes from 2010 was a big issue. Been reading a few stories about the explorers s well.
  16. M

This morning as usual I auto start my Ex from inside my house to have it warm up for a few mins before I drive it. After about 3 mins of having the Ex running, I then get into the car close the door and a few seconds later my back window just blows out for no reason. Anyone have any experience...
  17. M

Thank you for all the great info, I'll be changing the fluid next oil change
  18. M

Could I use Royal purple gear oil on the PTU fluid change? How much of a difference was it with the new fluid?
  19. M

Livernois tune experience

Okay, I was just curious. Seemed like a cheaper option , this is the one I was considering. http://www.jmschip.com/boostlmax-35l/
  20. M

Livernois tune experience

anyone familiar with the JMS Chip for a tune?
  21. M

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

Anyone familiar with the JMS chip?
Back