Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2005 Adrenaline Sport Trac ABS, Check Gauges

no kidding. The truck runs great with no problems. Only when you turn the thing off
  2. D

2005 Adrenaline Sport Trac ABS, Check Gauges

No solution to this problem. I have a 2005 Adrenaline the ABS light is always on when the key is OUT and drains battery. Truck starts and runs fine with NO ABS warning light. Turn off truck and the ABS light comes on and stays on. So far I have done the following: Pulled every fuse 1 at a...
  3. D

"Check Gauges" 2005 Sport Trac

New cluster does the same thing I called, they said "um yeah we've never seen that before" Does anyone else have a thought? I'm about to buy a PCM and try that. Any thoughts on these guys...
  4. D

still no progress, I'm about to give up
  5. D

Replaced the ignition switch, not the key cylinder.
  6. D

I don't understand that logic. I bought a cluster out of a wrecked 05 built the same week on the same assembly line according to the numbers and it didn't work right. I sent my cluster for repairs and it doesn't work right. I can't just throw $200 clusters at it hoping to get lucky
  7. D

What issues and how might I fix it?
  8. D

Not a typical instrument cluster problem. -2004 Sport Trac XLT RWD.

Got a new cluster and it didn't fix the problem. Sent the old cluster to be repaired. Got it back and it doesn't work either. HELP anyone.
  9. D

so what now? Just throw $150 clusters at it and try and get lucky?
  10. D

NONE of the above worked. Here's a video of the problem
  11. D

Sent my cluster to CircuitBoardMedics for evaluation and repair. I installed it today and it did not fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
  12. D

nope no codes. oil pressure reads fine with engine running. So is the temp gauge. Key out voltage measured where?
  13. D

2005 Sport Trac runs fine but when in park, turn key off an take out, the ABS, Check Engine and "check gauges" light comes on and the radio doesn't turn off. This drains the battery. Here's what I've checked: 1. Checked the battery and alternator. they are both good and charging. 2. Test light...
  14. D

Not a typical instrument cluster problem. -2004 Sport Trac XLT RWD.

I have almost the same problem with a 2005 Sport Trac Adrenalin. When truck is running, everything is fine. When you turn the ignition off and take the key out, the "check gauges" light comes on and the ABS light too. The radio will come on. All this with the key out. I have used a test light...
  15. D

2005 Sport Trac "check gauges" light drains battery

Took it to a "reputable" shop to be diagnosed for $125 he called and said he needed another $400 to diagnose it harder. No help there
  16. D

2005 Sport Trac "check gauges" light drains battery

2005 Sport Trac runs fine but when in park, turn key off an take out, the ABS, Check Engine and "check gauges" light comes on and the radio doesn't turn off. This drains the battery. Here's what I've checked: 1. Checked the battery and alternator. they are both good and charging. 2. Test...
  17. D

Any pics of a 2gen using 5th gen 18" oem rims???

here is the link https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/new-wheels-for-old-sport.468218/
  18. D

Any pics of a 2gen using 5th gen 18" oem rims???

I put these exaxt rims on my 02 sport. I made a post about it. It's on here somewhere?
  19. D

New Wheels for old Sport

These Rims are STOCK 2014 Explorer rims. Keep in mind they have a different offset than the stock 2002 Explorer rim. That's why I made the spacers. And just an update on the tires, I won't buy Toyo Proxies again. They wear really fast on the inside where it's a softer compound. Go back and...
  20. D

New Wheels for old Sport

the only thing I would do differently is the tires. They were very good but they have dual hardness of the rubber so the insides wear faster.
  21. D

New Wheels for old Sport

pic taken different day and time
  22. D

New Wheels for old Sport

Ok so here's my solution for the rim problem. I found rims for a 2014 explorer off craigslist for $60 set. They were 44mm offset. Unfortunately, my 2002 sport has 12mm offset. To make matters worse the center bore for 2014 is 63.4mm and for 2002 is 70.6 Having never liked how narrow the sport...
  23. D

New Wheels for old Sport

Well after getting the rims and measuring and remeasuring, I've made a serious miscalculation. The rims are 12 offset and a 63.4mm bore. I haven't decided on the tire yet bet going by the tire fitment calculator the 265/60/18 should fit I'm going to post before and after pics when I get this...
  24. D

New Wheels for old Sport

ok I got some 18x8 44 offset explorer ford rims. Now my question is tires. the stock tire for my 2002 ford explorer 2 door 2wd is 235/70/16 the max tire size is 265/75/16 so my question is as long as I stay inside of those parameters, I should be fine I would like to run 265/60/18 I think...
Back