Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Engine Rattle On Start Up

It looks like the oil pressure is not getting to the cam phaser on cold start. Try the starting method in the above post.
  2. T

There was a Ford Tech that shows how to start using this method on You tube . I used and it does not rattle on cold start at all.
  3. T

I hope it is this. Listen to the 2 startups.
  4. T

I actually found a video of a Duratec engine making the exact same noise as my vehicle. It turns out the be the tension pulley.
  5. T

Does the rattle occur only on a cold start and fine afterward? I find that I get this rattle when the weather is a bit warmer. When it was cold like last Thursday and Friday, it did not rattle on startup.
  6. T

I had my timing chain and water pump replaced last August and it stopped, but now the rattle starts again, but only on warmer days. When it its cold, there is no noise. Before, it would rattle all the time on startup.
  7. T

Yes, I had the timing chain replaced last summer and it got rid of it. My Explorer was sluggish and wanting to stall on a hill and soon after that it had a service engine light showed up intermittently. We plug the scan tool in and it showed a DTC for cam shaft sensor. Took it to the dealer and...
  8. T

Highway shudder

I recently had the timing chain and the water the pump replace and the shuddering is gone.
  9. T

No, I have not had the issue resolved yet and it has been over 1.5 years since the issue first appeared. There is another issue that nobody seems to be able to diagnose, which is the shudder at 50 to 60 mph.
  10. T

The cold start rattle always happen on cold start and even after an oil change. Unless the Tech did not put in enough oil when he changed the oil.
  11. T

Interesting engine thumping Noise at 62k:

Thanks. Maybe I should bring in too. I have been having this for about a year now. Only happens on cold starts.
  12. T

Sorry to hear of this. Do you know if they opened your engine up or based on the noise diagnoses?
  13. T

Let us know what is the cause. I can’t bring mine in until another week.
  14. T

72300 miles and yes, it is the 3.5 Ecoboost.
  15. T

I am hearing something too on our 13 sport. It is very audible if the engine is warm or after a long drive. It is very pronounced when you come a stop while driving and changes with engine speed. The sound comes from the passenger side of the engine and It also drowns out by engine noise as you...
  16. T

A/C Rear Line Leak

It seems that this the way to go if you want to keep this vehicle for a long time.
  17. T

Would like feedback on the Explorer Sport model

We purchased our 2013 in March of 2017 as a Certified Pre-Owned with 44k miles on it. We are at 72k miles on it now. We have had to change the serpentine belt, 2 O2 sensors, front passenger drive axle, replace the air conditioning line and the HVAC assembly in the rear and repair the front end...
  18. T

A/C Rear Line Leak

We purchase a CPO 2013 Explorer two years ago in March. In June we found out that the evaporator in the rear hvac was leaking. This part was not under CPO warranty. The front evaporator is covered, but for whatever reason the back is not. After several phone calls back and forth, Ford agreed to...
  19. T

New 16 Platinum WOT vibration!?!

If you look at the sticker at the drivers door, it should have your transmission model. I also believe Rhino and Galaxie are correct.
  20. T

Acceleration Issues

Is this similar to your Explorer? Highway shudder
  21. T

Time for tires

These are the ones I have on my Ex. Been through a few snow and ice storms since December and they performed very well.
  22. T

PTU Problems

My only fear is when it breaks down and we are in the middle of nowhere. We haul a trailer and camp about 7 to 10 times a year.
  23. T

PTU Problems

Thanks, I am taking my Ex in either tomorrow or Thursday to have the struts replaced, maybe I can ask them about it. Would it be done under ESP if they can prove that there is a propane odour?
  24. T

PTU Problems

Thanks! What is an ssm and does it apply to vehicles in Canada?
  25. T

How to remove glove box?

Hope this helps. You need to pull those white taps out. This is how I did my 13 explorer.
Back