Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2000 Ranger fuel filter replacement.

The fuel filter is in line along the drivers side of the truck. Just follow the fuel lines and you should see it somewhere under the cab. Make sure you depressurize the fuel system before you start!!!! There are a couple differant ways to do that like using the valve under the hood on the...
  2. M

3.0 liter rough ad not fuel efficient

Ps- you could always go for a cooler running thermostat... not sure how low they go. 180?
  3. M

Coolan Change is always a good idea. If your vehicle has close or over 100,000 miles on it and you've never changed the coolant- this can be bad. Coolant becomes acidic and can east away head gasketts and cause some serious problems as you may know- I had this happen :( So definetly give it...
  4. M

I have a 2000 3.0 4wd that was doing the same thing. For the most part these engines are gutless. The problem I was having included a rough idle- which it still has a semi studder, but mostly a richer smelling exhaust. I found that overtime I was burning more fuel than I thought was...
  5. M

2002 B3000 Lurching/Cutting out at higer rpm.

I was going to ask the same question- Flex Fuel Motor?? I have a 2000 3.0 XLT FLEX FUEL... If the flex fuel sensor or otherwise id'd as "Fuel Compensation Sensor" is "malfunctioning" then you have yourself a nice pain in the A** problem like I do. Flex Fuel Sensor's are $600 through a...
  6. M

Rich Smelling exhaust.....

I thought I did too.... but all I did was unhook the battery and plug it back in after about 15 mins... which reset the whole system, but my truck still pushes the P0176 code... so I am thinking at this point that the reason my truck isn't running the best is because of this faulty sensor...even...
  7. M

Rich Smelling exhaust.....

hello! I know there have been some previous posts around this type of topic...and I have read a good majority of them, however, I figured I would post my own in hopes of a response that would help me out.. I have a 2000 3.0 Ranger.... that has a rich smelling exhaust. I have had a bunch...
  8. M

Engine took in water

I had a friend who had a jeep have this happen to him. Needless to say a slight bit of alcohol may have been incorporated... but his stalled, which is the worst thing, cause then they tried to start it back up - IN the water - and the next thing you hear was this loud BANG - like a gun shot...
  9. M

may 2nd wheelin

You guys suck!!!!!! LOL ...wish I could have been there!
  10. M

Beware moog ball joints!!

I had one squeaking like a bastaaad too!! Did you try greasing it??? WD40 tends to evaporate a little faster than other lubes... Just be careful the thing doesn't seize up on you and break! I just replaced my ball joint all together. Needless to say, no squeak and the front end is nice and...
  11. M

... so there is more than likely definite truth surrounding this fact. I was not indicating this to be a BASH MOOG parts thread as I actually prefer to use MOOG parts on whatever I need for chasis parts... We tried 3 differant MOOG joints and they all fit the same- loose as a turd. I hated to...
  12. M

Hey guys,....ok AND girls! thoughts i would add this in here as it may be informative for someone else doing ball joints. I just replaced both left and right lower ball joints in my 2000 3.0 4x4 XLT ranger... We went to install the more expensive ones made by MOOG and found out they fit...
  13. M

may 2nd wheelin

Looks like you had a good time!! I love the pictures.... Wish I could have made it, but I just replaced two lower ball joints, a front caliper and 2 sets of pads... BUT, now that the work is done the front end feels nice and tight, stops on a dime, and is ready for WHEELING!!! Keep the outings...
  14. M

Whining noise

Do you know exactly where the whine is coming from in the rear end??? If its your rear axle you could be low of diff fluid (seems unlikely for an 02 though)... UNLESS something is majorly broken..hopefully not. it might be a bearing too or something catching on your brakes... Try to find out...
  15. M

2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 is stuck in low.

As the previous post.... yes, you gotta have all three.. also I have noticed sometimes if you are stuck on a hill it will not switch out. Try reversing a bit, forward, nuetral, and try it again. Switch through 4 low, then to 4 high, then 2wd if it comes out. Sometimes going from 4low to 2wd...
  16. M

P0176 code!!!?!??!????

Nevermind, I fixed it. BAck on the road.
  17. M

P0176 code!!!?!??!????

Hey guys, I added my post here in case any of you "Locals" can help me with a NEW problem I am having with my truck..... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243579
  18. M

HELP!!! P0176 (FF) Fuel Compensation CODE

My truck is down!!! wont start unless the pedal is to the floor, and even when it runs rough at a very low RPM and then stalls. Blue smoke comes out of tailpipe and you can smell a fuel rich combustion. Plugged in the code reads P0176- Fuel Compensation Circuit Malfunction... in Haynes, they...
  19. M

Where does the computer go in my Ranger?

Look at your firewall under the hood, just below the top in the center. Looks like a big ass plug going into something. That is your computer. At least this is where mine is. Hopefully you don't have to pull your dash to get to it.
  20. M

NEX: Wheeling Southern NH April '09

DAMN! I'm jealous! I gotta tell ya, I would have much rather been hitting the trails with you guys than working. I wouldn't have chickened out on the harder trails, and I am no expert, but no amatuer either. I know when things are beyond my ability but I'm not afraid to get adeventurous...
  21. M

I'm out.... working some serious mandatory OT- 64 hours this week, 62 next week... Sorry guys... :thumbdwn: I'd love to make it, but its out of my hands.. :(I'll keep my eyes on for the next round! Thanks!
  22. M

So uhhh, my boss has become a pain in the royal BLEEEEEEPPPP and has signed me up for some OT this week, so it looks as if I will be OUT. I wont have much free time these next two weeks:thumbdwn: HOWEVER- keep me posted on upcoming dates, as I am eager to run the trails now that the weather...
  23. M

I'm BAAAAACK! Lets go wheelin!!!

I can't believe you pounded an Eddie Bauer off road! Luxary at its finest YEAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Its beautiful man, *sniff* I think I'm tearing up.
  24. M

I am agreeing with the 18th... I think it would be a MUCH better date as this weekend is COMPLETELY NUTS for me... Happy Easter all!!
Back