Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Will replacing OEM clutch fan with an electric fan cool a 5.0, and increase mileage?

Now that our 87 octane is $3.00 I am looking for mileage increasing mods! I know quite a few 2nd gen Ligntning guys are doing this for increased power and mileage. Does anyone have any mileage calculations before and after a fan mod? Jim
  2. T

Help, moonroof leaking water

My moonroof on my 98 EB will leak water out of the front of the headliner on the drivers side, and run down the windshield. Anyone have any ideas as to where to look for the problem? Thanks in advance.
  3. T

Help, can I remove the running boards on my 98EB, & replace with standard EB skirts?

Help, can I remove the running boards on my 98EB, & replace with standard EB skirts? I had a 96 EB without running boards, it just had a small triangular panel that connected the front and rear fender flares, I want to put this small trim piece in place of the factory running boards on my 98...
  4. T

Leaking moonroof problem

Hello, I just purchased a 98 EB and the moonroof is leaking water down the front edge of the headliner at the windshield on the drivers side. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start to look for a reapair? Are there drain holes anywhere that are prone to clog up maybe?
  5. T

Turn Signal "Buzzing"

On my 96, I first replaced the blinker flasher, and it didn't fix my buzzing. I bought a new stalk, and was ready to put it in, and found that a plug on the multifunction switch was broken. There are a few wires in a white plastic plug that attaches to the stalk, and that plug was broken. I...
  6. T

Poll: How many have bought the Ford TSB rear wiper arm and it not worked correctly?

OK, I may try that, but Ford special ordered the arm, so I am debating on going to pick it up. Who all has used this and it fixed the problem?
  7. T

Poll: How many have bought the Ford TSB rear wiper arm and it not worked correctly?

I have a 98 AWD I am sick and tired of dealing with this poorly designed setup. I spent $60.00 for a rebuilt motor because my other was dead, now I am finding out why the previous owner probably never bothered to fix the thing! I have read the countless posts in the forum on all the problems...
  8. T

Help, attempting to replace hatch lock actuator in my 98

I can't figure out how to get the looped end of the actuator out of the pivot "camlike" piece in the center of the truck. I really do not want to remove the entire "cam" assembly if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. UPDATE...... I was able to unbolt the latch assembly...
  9. T

Removing front driveshaft on AWD improve fuel mileage?

I bought a used 5.0 AWD, and there is no front shaft in it (the joint was bad). I have been getting 15-16 mpg in town, and was wondering if I put the front shaft back in, would my mileage drop much? I have zero use for an AWD, no mud, no snow, and not enough HP to need it.....yet. Thanks in...
  10. T

Blend door repair question

I want to give a great thanks to whoever came up with the fix, I just hate that this has to happen to so many of us. :(
  11. T

Blend door repair question

Help, I attempted the "nail" repair method listed here on the forum to no avail. I did the repair, and I am not any better off now. I only get a clicking sound from the actuator now. When I was attempting the repair, I could only rotate the broken "half" shaft about 20 degrees, and from...
  12. T

Help can only get extremely hot air with vent on, even set at cold temps.

Thanks everyone, even for the bad news! :( I will do some searching for it. At least the A/C still blows cold, how I do not know, but thank goodness it works. :)
  13. T

Help can only get extremely hot air with vent on, even set at cold temps.

I have a 96 EB with the electronic climate control, and no matter what temp settings I have set, only extremely hot air will come out on vent or heat. I love to run the vent, but it is too hot to do that. Thanks in advance for any help!
  14. T

hard to turn liftgate handle

Me too!! Any ideas?
  15. T

Are all the 95-99 Explorer wheels the same backspacing and bolt pattern?

Hello! Here is a link to the wheels I am replacing. I need 16" OEM wheels to put my factory tires back on. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7957989303&category=43956 Jim jguy@secoperformance.com
  16. T

I think they are the origional wheels for 96. So are all the bolt patterns the same as well? I am wanting the aluminum 5 hole type. I just want to make sure they will work. I ran into a problem on my 2000 Lightning wheels, for some reason Ford changed their bolt pattern in 2000 on them!
  17. T

I am wanting to replace my OEM chrome 3 spoke 96 wheels with the aluminum 5 spokes from a 98+ truck. Thanks in advance for any help. Jim
  18. T

'95 Explorer handle broken...help

I pulled my door apart today, and the problem is that both springs on each side of the handle have broken, and are laying inside the bottom of the door! Can just these springs be purchased?
  19. T

Anyone got some advice/how to page? Jimmy
  20. T

It is the exterior, it is just flopping away in the wind! It drives me crazy! Jimmy
  21. T

As common as this appears to be, someone should be able to walk us through a repair, instead of having to pay big $$ to have someone else do it! Please??
  22. T

history repeats itself

Did you ever get your passenger headlight problem fixed? Jim
  23. T

Low beam on driver side stop working

Tonedeaf, did you have any luck yet?
Back