Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

power window relay trouble

Help! My drivers side front window will SOMETIMES go down and wont go back up. I fiddled with the wiring inside and there is a little black box that seems to be involved. It seems like a relay of some kind. It's mounted on a clip inside the plastic door panel. It has a flat plug with 5...
  2. S

Brake light in dash is on. Fluid doesnt look

low. What else makes the light come on? My inspection sticker expired and need this fixed to get re'inspected. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim
  3. S

Pulling my boat soon, O.D. or not?

Glacier 991, Thanks for the input. This first crossed my mind a few days ago, on the freeway I had 6 people in the car, no trailer, and it seemed like it was shifting down from OD with very little extra pressure on the gas pedal. When I pull the boat it's gotta be worse.
  4. S

dome light wont go off

I have both, lited visors and map lites !
  5. S

dome light wont go off

My '93 is just opposite! With doors open, I get door lites but no dome lite. not even if I turn the dash lite adjust all the way. There are 2 lites with buttons in the roof but nothing else. Is there a bulb inside not working? I hav'nt looked.
  6. S

Thanks , Sounds like good advise
  7. S

I have a relatively light rig. 16 ft. jon boat,6 ft. wide. 25 hp outboard. Set up for bass fishing. Trailer is homemade 4" channel (kinda heavy) How much can I pull on the highway and leave the tranny in overdrive? Or will it automatically kick down when load is enough...
  8. S

another oil related question

Hey Al, Thanks for the tip. Seems rather expensive. If it really extends the life of my engine, it's worth it. Wonder why they're not standard equipment?
  9. S

changed spark plugs, what does this mean?

What engine,V6? Been wondering how to get to my plugs on passenger side. Lots of stuff in the way.
  10. S

another oil related question

I got lot's of replies to my post on oil changes. Several recommendations for using a " PRE OILER ". I've never seen or even heard of this. Sounds like a good idea. Can ya'll fill me in on this? How they work,where to buy,cost?
  11. S

How often should I change oil?

My owners manual says 7500 mi between oil changes I think. That seems way too long. If I change at 3000, am I just wasting oil? Also, are the new synthetics really better?
  12. S

My front doors are droopy!

Thanks guys. I finally found the kits labeled Ford. They worked perfectly. Easy!
  13. S

My front doors are droopy!

The hinge pins seem loose in the holes. I went to several local parts stores for hinge pin&bushing kits. The counter guys seem lost. I finally got one to order the kits in. I recieved the pin & roller that hold the door open, not what I wanted. Are these really that hard to find? Are they...
  14. S

Not gas hog really but

Sorry if i misled. Out of my 1st tankfull(2??)mi. my mpg est is a combination of hwy and city. probly half&half. stock tires,everything. 2wd auto. '93 110K mi.
  15. S

Not gas hog really but

I went thru my 1st tank and looks like I got 14mpg. I was expecting better from 4ltr v6. Only about 140mi on hwy. Rest going to work obo 5mi each way. Not hwy. ???????? Expect to be pulling my boat soon. will mpg get much worse?
  16. S

Front end alignment ?

OK, I must be missing something. I see two long "I beams" criscrossing the front end. The king pins attached at the ends on ball joints top and bottom. No adjusting points that I can see. Seems It would have to be bent, but I don't see it...
  17. S

Front end alignment ?

That's what my wife said!
  18. S

Front end alignment ?

My first Ford. Bought Thanksgiving weekend. '93 110Kmi V6 auto 2wd 4dr Explorer. Noticed driver side front wheel leans out at top. Passenger side wheel leans in at top slightly. Looks like no adjustment in suspension. How do I fix this before I wear out my new tires...
Back