Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

check it out guys

hey guys just wanted to give everyone a heads up if u havent checked yet but im sellin my lifted 99' XLT 4x4...check it out in the for sale section and spread the word to people seeking an explorer. Thanks! -Steve
  2. S

Super Swamper Trxus M/T

hey guys, finally gettin rid of the IFS and puttin in a dana 44 so that means new tires! i have 33in BFG M/Ts right now with the 4in superlift so when its all said and done ill have around a 6 1/2 lift sprung over in the rear so obviously i dont want to have that big of a lift and small tires, i...
  3. S

4wd wont engage

hey guys, so im drivin the other night and out of no where i notice that my 4x4 low and high indicators r blinking simotaneously off and on, so i pull to the side of the road and the first thing i do is try to put it in 4x4 high and it doesnt work, im hoping its just something electrical that...
  4. S

RHS's New tires and wheels

well i dont know what kind of set up for your exhaust your thinkin of but im runnin a flowmaster 40 swept side, i had it dueled out for awhile but i finally realized it sounded like ****, ever since i got the 40 ive loved it, give me a call if u need any advice, ive run out of things to work on...
  5. S

RHS's New tires and wheels

haha what up PJ? didnt know u were on the forums, yea man ur truck looks good just need to lift it, i really need to get pics of my ex on here ive just never gotten around to it, im bout to get some black wheels put on mine and im currently workin on gettin my straight axle, fgure ill have...
  6. S

Torsion bar help

hey guys, so im runnin the 4in Superlift on my 99 XLT which i have been runnin for almost a year now, and now im startin to wish i saved up for the sas. my torsion bar is weakening and starting to sag which is causing my tires to tilt inward, bending cv joints etc. obviously my first thought is...
  7. S

High-Flow Cat

hey guys, im thinkin about getin a high flow cat but wanted to ask any of u guys if u think its worth the money as far as power and gas goes, also does it affect the sound of the exhaust at all
  8. S

weird noise in the rear?

ok i was just checking bc i bought the locker knowing how it functions but not knowing that it would make that noise when i turn so i was just makin sure it wasnt anything messin up back there, so the locker is the cause of the noise when turning and thats just what they do?
  9. S

weird noise in the rear?

about a week ago i was driving like normal and all of a sudden i heard this noise in the rear that almost sounded like there was a rock or something stuck in my tire tread (that continous click, click) so i checked it out and everything was looking fine so i had no clue what it was. I installed...
  10. S

superlift skid plate

after installing my superlift suspension i went ahead and bought the skid plate along with it. Some may think it is more for looks which in some cases is true but it has helped me off road. I dont know about you but i would rather nail a rock in the ground against the skid plate then bash up...
  11. S

light faded speedometer

i cant remember if i posted about this in the past besides along with the MFS questions but is there anyone out there that would no the reason to why the lights on my speedometer from 0-40mph are faded? i figured it might be some kind of fuse problem but wasnt sure, dont know much about these...
  12. S

tow hooks

hey guys im lookin to put some tow hooks in the front of my ex the only problem is i have a brushguard and no where to put the hooks, i was thinkin of makin 2 holes going into my bumper and attching the hooks to the frame that way but was tryin to avoid makin holes so i was wonderin if any of u...
  13. S

which look

r u talking about mounting the winch on the brushguard? bc i have been thinking about that but things such as too much weight on the front end lowering it down and also didnt think the brushguard was strong enough to support the weight
  14. S

torison bars

does your torsiion bar settle back down over time after u lift it? bc thats the only concern of mine and the only thing holding me back form doing it again bc the reason it settled back down is bc it is weakening, or the weight just settled it down..
  15. S

torsion bar?

i noticed a similar problem with mine and was told it was just a weak spring, im not sure if this could be your problem but that was mine
  16. S

torison bars

i have the 4in superlift on my 99 and have always wanted to get maybe just an inch more in the front just to completely clear my rubbing problems with the 33s, i have cut some fender and have it where i never rub on the street and have minor rubbing off road, wish i could get it all out of the...
  17. S

what next?

as far as your question for rhino goes i am rhino lining over the holes bc there r a lot of them, second of all i dont have near enough money to straight axle the right way, it would take me forever and a day to make that kind of money, and all modifications r going toward my dayly ride, i am a...
  18. S

what next?

well guys i dug out about $1800 of spendin money for the ex and not sure where to go next, so far i have locked up the rear, put on a tow hitch, bought a procomp tow strap, took runnin boards off and put rino in its place, got some quick disconnects and got about 840 bucks left. i was thinkin...
  19. S

8.8 Diff Covers

hey guys ive been on the lookout for some diff covers to throw on my 99 ex for the 8.8 in the rear, tryin to stay away from crome so im lookin at black mostly maybe even the OX cover so if any of u guys can post some of ur covers and point me in the right direction of where i can order some id...
  20. S

smoke from steering wheel

could the multi function cause the lights on the speedometer to fade out? from about 0 to 30mph doesnt light up and never knew why, this is common with explorers just didnt know the cause of it
  21. S

oh and i forgot, is this something i should fix asap or will it not really mess anything up anything crucial?
  22. S

awesome, thanks for your advice guys i appreciate it
  23. S

i know its been posted before but didnt pay attention back then but i am gettin smoke coming front the emergency light switch of my steering wheel, i notice that it usually only happens when i am stopped, also sometimes when i have my foot on the break, my left turn signal appears but not in a...
  24. S

Squeeking from driver side front tire

well about 2 weeks ago i noticed my truck was makin some wierd squeekin noise somewhere around the front driver side tire so i put it in the shop and they lubed up the chasy but no help, they think it may be a hub bearing but there not sure, i was wonderin if it had anything to do with my...
  25. S

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

hey cdsl227, where did u get your bumper? i know u said its a trail ready but i have been searchin around the net for a similar front bumper like yours, i know ARB doesnt make one of my explorer but urs is the exact look and style of bumper i am goin for, i figured i was gonna get my guy who...
Back