Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Equine Explorer

HELP - name this hose?!?!

I ordered the heater hose and just cut the bottom off to fit the 5/8" end on the water pump. Worked like a charm and got everything buttoned up, then find that my brand new failsafe thermos blew open. Smh. But, new heavy duty radiator and new water pump and hoses.
  2. Equine Explorer

Gotta love rock auto. Ordered hoses Wednesday night. They arrived in TN from CA on Saturday. Super service.
  3. Equine Explorer

I'm thinking this is correct, wondering if I need to stick with molded heater outlet (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=961283&cc=1304435&jsn=563&jsn=563) OR if the cut to fit 5/8" hose would be acceptable replacement...
  4. Equine Explorer

I am in the process of replacing the original radiator on my 98 Exploder 5.0L. Figured I'd go ahead and replace water pump while I was in there since there was tons of rust and grit in the coolant system. (flushed system with prestone kit before removing busted radiator) While removing hoses...
  5. Equine Explorer

Casper - 98 XLT diagnostics/repairs

Well, looks like Casper is either going to get a new Ex body, or I'm going to use for daily until I save for a real truck. The damage to the windshield is likely from a previously installed glass that cracked bc the A pillars and roof were not properly fixed after a tree or roll over accident...
  6. Equine Explorer

I took the compressor to the sunroof drains. No change in the small drip from the drivers side front corner of the liner around the sunroof. Ugh. I'm starting to think I need to pull the liner out and have a look at the roof... maybe one day... Found a local salvage yard with a spare...
  7. Equine Explorer

(Going to try) Adding AUX to my stock Headunit.

I was going to attempt this mod in my truck, but seeing as my cd and tape unit is not in working order and the display no longer works, I've decided to put in an aftermarket digital media player with FM receiver. Much easier and will last longer. Good luck.
  8. Equine Explorer

April's EF Lottery

Please send me info on how you manufactured this! Was this bracket self made, or did you find it pre made? ?? *need*
  9. Equine Explorer

I'm pretty sure not just the top of the windshield seal is leaking. I have got to wait for a break in this rain and get out the air compressor to clear my sunroof drains. Casper-Annabelle is leaking like a sieve. Sigh.
  10. Equine Explorer

ISO recommendations for upgraded parts for multiple repairs

@namuwilliams oh dear I didn't realize you were that limited. Maybe order your parts and find a local mechanic that is willing to use your own parts, that way you only pay labor?
  11. Equine Explorer

ISO recommendations for upgraded parts for multiple repairs

Recently helped my husband change the upper ball joint on his 97 XLT. It is definitely feasible to do in the yard or driveway. Pick up a pair of jack stands, sometimes on sale at auto zone, advance, or even harbor freight. If you have your stock bottle jack, great. If not, we picked up a floor...
  12. Equine Explorer

Update: I'm going to rename Casper. New name: Annabelle... NOT so friendly ghost... Switch fixed headlight issue. Had to cancel Safelite due to herniating a disc in my neck when I tried to put the tire back on. I know, wimp. I didn't used to be so weak, but when chronic illness takes over, once...
  13. Equine Explorer

I am waiting on the glass tech to get here and install the windshield. I'm going to snap a photo of the broken glass and water damage. I've managed to get rid of the mildew smell and staining by taking a 10% bleach solution to the headliner and carpets. I need to take the air compressor to my...
  14. Equine Explorer

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Howdy. Again. I'm obsessed with my XLT (Casper) so this seemed the next logical step. Sorry dad (he's a Honda/Acura specialty mechanic). I LOVE MY FORDS.
  15. Equine Explorer

Oh, and I did briefly inspect the cable while I was counting bolt pattern for drive shaft. Seems to be intact, and feels right when lever is depressed. No fiddling on Sundays though, that's the rule around here. I suppose I'll just take this beautiful day to go play with the ponies. :-D
  16. Equine Explorer

Super reference article, thanks much @Spuddy. I'm hoping it will be a simple fix, since the yuppy who sold me my truck says he replaced rear brakes. .. thinking he didn't hook something up right. Who replaces one front rotor and not both, and wastes an entire set of pads on a warped rotor? Or...
  17. Equine Explorer

Hahaha my husband's 97 XLT has no ebrake either! However, I actually need mine, as there is no front drive shaft and park is controlled through the front diff. Sigh. I'll get these quirks worked out one by one!
  18. Equine Explorer

1998 4 door Explorer

This gives me so much hope for my 98 XLT 5.0. It's strong and happily turning at 225k, just purchased about a week ago. Thanks for sharing!
  19. Equine Explorer

Progress! Switch arrived, installed, tested good, reassembled dash. Let there be light! :-D Changing the rotors and pads fixed the vibration, yay! Waiting now on windshield and new calipers. Then have to investigate rear brakes as the parking brake certainly does NOT work. Chocked with a...
  20. Equine Explorer

I figured as much on the t case being damaged. And after reading about these AWD trucks on this forum, became aware of the creepiness they come with while the drive shaft is missing. Quite amusing, I laughed over and over at multiple poster's stories of how their trucks were mysteriously moving...
  21. Equine Explorer

Omg holy conversions sploder fans, I have been reading about the 5.0 AWD to manual 4WD thread. ... I'm putting those parts on my freaking list, I need that extra power and gas mileage for hauling my giant hooved critters around! Anyone have suggestions on other mods recommended for towing 5-6k...
  22. Equine Explorer

@RandomNerd2000 , nice! Yeah I'm excited to get it on the road ASAP. I've been without "my own" truck/suv for 2 months now and I am tired of the tiny sports car. I feel like I'm in a go-kart and gonna get run over, not to mention I can't see over all the trucks. In these parts, rule of the road...
  23. Equine Explorer

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! LOVE that last under the hood photo!!!! SOOOO clean and purty!!!! I'll get some more pics of mine soon. I am a possessed lady saving parts and adding up pennies hahaha. I can never make up my mind what to do first after the caliper, MFS install, and windshield. If the dang...
  24. Equine Explorer

WOOT WOOT! Not a red or burgundy fan, but that Sploder looks NICE!
  25. Equine Explorer

I'll do that. My list keeps growing. Husband says Yup its a Ford. (He has an Exploder too) Says he'd rather help me on my Ford though any day as compared to my previous AWD Honda CR-V. People look at me like I'm crazy for going up to a V8 from the little whiny 4 banger. I ask em if they think...
Back