Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How to: Explorer 3rd row delete & police package install

I'm actually considering doing the opposite of this: buying a PI and adding in the third row. Any thoughts? Looks like plenty of third-row seats are available on eBay, but getting the seatbelts may be the trickier part.
  2. S

Adding third row to Explorer Police Interceptor

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! I've started poking around on eBay and have seen some seats, so that might not be an issue. Installing them may be. Sports are way more expensive than PIU's. Aside from the third row the only other benefit I can see for my taste is the leather seats. I...
  3. S

I guess I basically need to do the opposite of this? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/explorer-3rd-row-delete-police-package-install.419317/ Any thoughts?
  4. S

I like that the Sport has the 3.5L EcoBoost at 365hp. The PIU comes in either 3.7L at 304hp or with the 365 EB, either of which would satisfy me. There seems to be disagreement on whether the PIU and Sport have the same suspension, or same hardware with different programming, or different...
  5. S

I've been wanting to buy an Explorer Sport and noticed that PIU's are largely the same (same suspension, 300+ hp engines) but generally go for significantly cheaper on the used market. A buddy of mine on the NYPD also tells me they're a good choice for a used service vehicle because they're...
Back