Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Rear Axel Question

j602 Thanks a bunch! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm not real knowledgable with the Explorers. My daughter totaled hers so I'm helping to dispose of whats left. That rear 8.8 is going to get regeared, locked, and fitted under my JEEP thats for damn sure.
  2. N

Rear Axel Question

I'm parting out a 92 Sport and I'm not sure about the specifics of the rear axel. What is the axel shaft spline count? Is this a 31 spline axel? The axel code on the drivers door sticker is 41? What does that tell me?
  3. N

Radius arm Bushings: My Comments, observations

My knuckles are just now healing after tackling this project last month. I tried to pull the I Beam forward after unbolting the shock and the spring retainer nut. The drivers side went without a hitch but Oh My God was the passanger sie a bear! What I will try next time is to unbolt the...
  4. N

Rear Axel Help

I still have the drivers door. The axle code is 41? I don't think it really matters, it'll have to be regeared anyway. I'll be building for 35" tires so I'll be looking for some better gears so I'll be able to hit my 5th gear once in a while.
  5. N

Rear Axel Help

I have a new part time job; keeping my daughters 92 X running. My current question is what rear axel does a 92 sport come with? I checked the tag on the axel and its pretty difficult to read but here are the numbers I could get: Top line 55 22 B the bottom line was worse but the numbers I...
  6. N

How to: Ford 4R55E Transmission removal & installation instructions.

Sorry, it's an Auto. I've got tools and some basic know how but I'm no mechanic. I'm heading out right now to pick up the Eddie Bauer that I'll be putting the good tranny into.
  7. N

How to: Ford 4R55E Transmission removal & installation instructions.

Removal of 4R55E Similar to a4ld minus some electronic connectors 4x4 1.Disconnect the negative battery cable. 2.Remove two bolts retaining the fan shroud to the radiator. Remove the transmission fluid level indicator. 3.Raise the vehicle and position suitable safety stands. 4.Remove four...
  8. N

Explorer Lean

Wanted to say Hey! New to the board. I just bought my daughter a 92 Sport. The previous owner must have meen of considerable girth if you get my meaning, even the drivers seat is broken. The entire vehicle leans noticably to the drivers side. What are my options to level this truck? Can...
Back