Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Ceramic Coated!

Pretend I'm completely ignorant...easy if you know me. What do you mean the paint is "now in really good shape"? What was wrong with the brand new paint? Also, your car looks awesome!
  2. D

Dash cluster alignment

You've hit on one of my biggest automotive pet peeves. Yes, it is very common for the driver's seat, steering wheel, and center dash to NOT line up. It is infuriating and I swear I sit at a weird angle because of it.
  3. D

Blue Overhead Lighting in Front Seats

Here you go! https://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Original-Strength-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSJNCW/
  4. D

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

I would never buy from other than the manufacturer...don't think I've ever heard a story of someone happy all the way through to the end with a non-OEM car warranty. Happy your experience has been hassle free, that's great news!
  5. D

2020 Paint Issues

Does that slip buy quality control or does someone see it and say, "Eh, no big deal"?
  6. D

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Don't want to pollute this thread so I'll only respond this once. I disagree with the gambling analysis, although it is technically correct from an actuarial perspective. Another way to think of it, is that you are simply buying peace of mind and that it doesn't matter if you come out ahead...
  7. D

Vehicle Tracking, Mileage, et al.

I too would be very interested in this service. It seems like Security 101. Also, are there any unintended consequences of having such service performed?
  8. D

Navigation Issue

That's my point...you steal the car...you have a home address...you have an opener built in...you now have access to the home. Unless, you are weird like me and turn the power off to the garage door because you grew up in the 70's when there were like a dozen codes and you drive around your...
  9. D

Navigation Issue

According to my cars: (1) I live at a convenience store, and (2) I'm too poor to own 2 cars new enough to have navigation. Never put your actual home address in your vehicle navigation. You keep a garage door opener in there...like keys to your house!
  10. D

IIHS Crash Results Are Out

The tests have gotten tougher over the years, for instance: The Toughest Car Crash Test Just Got Even Tougher
  11. D

St boost gauge

Sounds like a crap ton of stuff to breakdown in the future. I know the data is that cars last longer now days than in the past but that can't possibly continue as we cram computers and sensor into cars at an exponential rate.
  12. D

18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack

Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind rims like that all year round?
  13. D

2020 LED Upgrades - Links Added

I know, right, like how can he sleep at night knowing every time his license plates lights come on they are s l o w l y powering up with their weak incandescent glow of a fragile filament, a technology dating all the way back to 1761 which hasn't been much improved upon since the 1800s? You can...
  14. D

Auto Start-Stop Technology

As for me, and I suspect many others, you start the vehicle by pressing the engine start/stop button and then the disable auto-start-stop button. Two button process. About the topical feature. :)
  15. D

Instead of inserting and turning a key, the 2020 Explorer starts up with a two button process.
  16. D

Another option is a full restoration of an older model which is what I'm exploring for my 2002 Exp. (Sure, I probably won't do it, but I'm looking at the option.) I really can't stand the lack of vision out of new models and I rationally or irrationally worry about all the gadgets, gizmos...
  17. D

Koons Ford Prices - $10k Off of MSRP

For some people, like myself, this is a feature...not a defect.
  18. D

Blue color for 2020 ST

Pics of "blue" taken indoors at auto show: Exterior Colors
  19. D

Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen.

Read somewhere in 2016 it, literally, took Board approval to get permission to vary from the standard Blue-Oval.
  20. D

Gas to use in ST

We should move to 95 octane across the board: The octane game: Auto industry lobbies for 95 as new regular
  21. D

Ford buy back converstation

Looks like 2017 only. Hand injuries in 2017 Ford Explorer lead to recall of 338,332 vehicles
  22. D

Explorer delays

Vehicles crammed full of computers and sensors and high-tech crapola, I wouldn't even consider getting a new vehicle now days without the absolutely longest manufacturer extended warranty. If the vehicle is not worth the sales price plus extended warranty, then don't buy it. Got a 2015 (not an...
  23. D

Changing the exhaust tips on the ST

So, in order to avoid "soot buildup," we pump exhaust underneath our vehicles?!?! *extreme eye roll* Everybody meet back here in 15 years and we'll discuss how idiot this idea was.
  24. D

Changing the exhaust tips on the ST

Perhaps its because I once had a car where you could see the road go past by looking through the rotted stick shift cover, but wouldn't exhaust venting under the car likely be more hazardous than shooting out the back (the way God intended it) even if it some of it, in theory, wafted against the...
Back