Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Ddudley84

Wanted Xlt to xls

Yea I am just finishing swapping now if any one needs advice. I have been trying to figur out what the difference between xlt and xls besides body stuff. I know most of the suspension is the same just not sure if the xls has a different gear ratio. And mayb springs.
  2. Ddudley84

I just got a 02 xlt with a 4.6 v8

I just got a 02 xlt with a 4.6 v8
  3. Ddudley84

Any pics of a 2gen using 5th gen 18" oem rims???

Sorry for the bump but I have been wondering would 5th gen fit on 3rd gen I have been seeing a lot of 5th gen wheels lately
  4. Ddudley84

Third row seat install 02 exp

Oh ther is bolts in the floor ther 15 mm ther rusty on the other side ther he'll to get out I recamend a braker bar. I I hade to use a impact gun to get mine out.
  5. Ddudley84

Third row seat install 02 exp

I am about to do this in my friends xls. I have a whole Donner xlt that I have all ready striped down. Don't forget seat belts they go in the rear post plus the buckles bolt in the floor
  6. Ddudley84

Wanted Xlt to xls

Sorry I didn't mean to mark this as wanted.
  7. Ddudley84

Wanted Xlt to xls

Ok here goes the old question. I am going to be parting out my 2002 xlt V6 and I am going to put some of the parts it in my friends 2002 xls V6, I would like to know what the difference is besides physical looks of these trucks. So far he needs upper a arms, exhaust, and rear differential...
  8. Ddudley84

4x4 problems please help

So I dove my truck yesterday and its stuck in four wheel low and won't disengage. I scanned my truck. no codes are conning up. So I think my transfer case shift motor is toast. Thank you for every ones time and help
  9. Ddudley84

4x4 problems please help

So I have been doing home work it's the shift motor that was replaced w a used one and the wires that I soldered go to speed censures upper and lower. I wish I seen that video first I would of just replaced them. But I am still not sure I am going to borrow my buddy's four wheel drive module and...
  10. Ddudley84

4x4 problems please help

I have a 02 xlt w 4.0 and 4 wheel drive. Ok so I have been having a bunch of problems with my truck to start a month ago my door switch killed my battery. when I got it started aghen the transmission would shift but it wouldn't move the truck. my 4x4 low light was on I held it and it engaged...
  11. Ddudley84

Would they fit?

When buying wheels you need to know the bolt paternity size of the rims. Plus the holes for the hubs look huge and the rim would move around when driving
  12. Ddudley84

Question about the Factory Subwoofer

That's cool I am glade your happy with it it up to you on what you want. I put 12' subs with a factory stereo in my friends xls last month. ITs cool to see what it takes to get the job done happy for you
  13. Ddudley84

Don't start

02 wires are tape out of the way going to check fues tomrow Thank you for the reply
  14. Ddudley84

Don't start

Ok so we change the cats on mys friends 02 limited v8 and we didn't hook up the 02 sencers (need to get new ones) but left the plugs in the holes we tryed starting the truck and got nothing. When you. Put the key forward you don't hear the fuel pump turn on it doesn't even try to crank over. The...
  15. Ddudley84

Yeah sorry I didn't give you more of a warning about that bolt I also broke my friends mac T50. What we did to get it out was heat it carefully with a torch for a min and it came out. I have a stock explorer with no sub and I have insalation ther so I don't see why you wouldn't if worse comes to...
  16. Ddudley84

Ther in the selling. I was surprised too I didn't know in till I seen the sticker
  17. Ddudley84

They kinda pop out and up at the same time to go in I struggled with it in till my friend pointed out that it goes in to the body hole also the air bag worry me I didn't want to use to much force.practice on the junk yard ones frist.
  18. Ddudley84

One thing you going to run in to is the rear seat belt bolts go thru that panel ther hard to get out mine wher rusted in it took heat to get them out
  19. Ddudley84

I just hade all my rear panels apart and took a bunch of pics hope they help. If I was you ther is a company that makes a panel for that side that looks stock but you can put in a aftermarket ten' sub and that would be a lot easer to hook up but not sure on price it would sound a look better and...
  20. Ddudley84

Electric drivers seat don't work

I have a 02 xlt and my drivers power seat don't work I know it's plugged in. I don't know wher the fuse is for it . Any other ideas would help thank you
  21. Ddudley84

I have pics to post when I learn how too

I have pics to post when I learn how too
  22. Ddudley84

Today about 3 hrs to take out every thing else scrub my rugs wash the truck and put it all back...

Today about 3 hrs to take out every thing else scrub my rugs wash the truck and put it all back together.
  23. Ddudley84

So yesterday it took me about 3 hrs to get out my rear seats and about 50 bolts.

So yesterday it took me about 3 hrs to get out my rear seats and about 50 bolts.
  24. Ddudley84

It looks like she let her kids have food fights in side it so I am waiting for a warm day to...

It looks like she let her kids have food fights in side it so I am waiting for a warm day to clean it up a make a list of what's wrong.
  25. Ddudley84

I have a 02 xlt it's a bit ruff I bought from a women she said the Battery is dead and it don't...

I have a 02 xlt it's a bit ruff I bought from a women she said the Battery is dead and it don't go in Park the trans is dead....
Back