Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Factory Radio Self Test

It worked in my 96 (JBL system)
  2. S

cooling problems

I just had the same thing happen to me two days ago, and a new radiator cap solved all of my problems. Turns out it wasn't holding much suction to the overflow tank and randomly would seem to be low on coolant.
  3. S

Mirt signal changer

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/176/44/ Do It Yourself MIRT
  4. S

What Aftermarket CD Changers will fit in my Console?

where did you end up putting it?
  5. S

Sorry I got busy. I will get them up as soon as possible. Probably today. Sorry for the wait.
  6. S

Random Fouling on Cylinder #4

OK then thanks. I'l look into that.
  7. S

'97 XLT Audio Power Issues

thanx for backing me up so fast... i can never remember wire colors
  8. S

'97 XLT Audio Power Issues

Your radio will show the clock if you hit the button even if the car is off. It seems like your radio is just not realizing when the car is on or not. Just find the wire used for supplying power when the car is turned on. I forget which color it is.
  9. S

Ill have them to you by tomorrow. As either a link in this page or a link through a PM.
  10. S

I will take a look at it when I start pulling out stuff to work on it. I hope that is not it though. I dont have any funny colors from my exhaust or in my coolant. The coolant level hasnt dropped considerably over the past year it has been happening, and it never gets worse. Do you still think...
  11. S

The mystery plug...?

Do you have keyless entry? Because that might be part of the wiring harness for the alarm system if you don't.
  12. S

Thanks for the second opinion. I'll look into that. I'll blow out and replace the seal this weekend as I had planned.
  13. S

Yeah it is an OHV. What exactly do you mean by a non-fouler?
  14. S

I have had this issue for such a long time with my Explorer where I will drive it for around 4 months and then I begin to have a misfire on cylinder 4. As far as I can tell, it seems to be that I have a very slow oil leak in that cylinder. I think it may be either a messed up ring or a leaky...
  15. S

It will work if you have the high series console. You will have do to some creative trimming on the brackets to get it to mount though. I have a ten disk kenwood changer in mine. Let me know if you want pics to gauge placement.
  16. S

95 JBL Sub repair?

I had the same thing happen to me, but I found tha JL audio sells a 6 1/2" replacement for about 80 bucks. Just make sure you get the right impedence. They are just hard to find.
  17. S

off roading power

ok so what exact supercharger did you end up getting?
  18. S

Using Existing Wiring For New Amps

Are you sure I can use the speaker wires? I know the input should be okay, but I'm sort of worried that the load will be too high on the output. Each of the speaker outputs is going to jump about 100 watts, and I'm not really in the mood to fry anything. Just a thought.
  19. S

Using Existing Wiring For New Amps

I know I'm kind of the new new guy at this, but I was wondering if I could use my stock wiring from the JBL system in my '96 X to power some new amps for the door speakers and subwoofer. I'm afraid that the wiring, both the load drawn by the amps and the output to the speakers, won't be able to...
Back