Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Intermittent No Cabin Heat Problem

Okay i did some digging and have some new info. I went to check the coolant overflow and it was dry. Drove it up to my shop and parked it and there was a little in the overflow (maybe an inch). So i think i definitely have a coolant leak since i topped it up maybe 2 weeks ago. With engine...
  2. H

Thank you for the reply. I read the thread you linked to (thank you), but I’m still not sure where to start with diagnosing. I’ve done some more testing and it seems the heat comes on pretty consistently if you get the car to 55+ mph. Alternatively if i shift to manual mode and delay the up...
  3. H

Hi Folks, I have a 2013 Explorer Limited with a little over 150k on it (I’ve owned it since a tad over 100k). The issue I’m having is the car will intermittently not deliver heat. The blower seems to be working just fine. I’m wondering where to start with diagnosing. Here’s what I know so far...
  4. H

Front Bumper Pops Out

Let's try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/htssv6f9cqt4brd/IMG_3844.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8462ejcpuv8kb6/IMG_3845.jpg?dl=0 ETA: I'm not sure why they're not embedding but if you click the link it should work.
  5. H

Front Bumper Pops Out

Hi Folks, I did a quick search for this but didn't find anything. I have a used 2013 Explorer. It was in a fender-bender before I bought it. Where the front bumper meets the fender on both sides pops out constantly. It snaps back in easily, but next time you drive it will be popped out again...
  6. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Nah. I haven't gotten back to it. I will eventually. Just dreading taking down that massive headliner lol.
  7. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Good call. I may try that. Something that is bothering me about this, if it's the glass motor that's bad, why does the glass switch not cause the shade to retract? The shade switch operates the shade just fine, and my understanding is if you use the glass switch to open the glass while the shade...
  8. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Thanks for that. I was able to see the glass motor pretty easily through the hole in the roof. I tapped it pretty good with a screwdriver. No luck. Also getting 13 volts on both of those pins. I guess I will buy a new glass motor.
  9. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Hmmm I might have found something. All of the pin to pin tests passed. However the pin to ground tests all failed. I just want to say explicitly what I did to be sure I did it right. I put an alligator clip on one lead and clipped it to the rim of the 12v plug) that should be a ground, yes?). I...
  10. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

getting nothing. Pulled the assembly down and tried all 3 switches in both directions while wiggling the connector. Shade works normally as it always has.
  11. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Ahhh. Interesting. I checked just for kicks and my switch does behave like yours. I found the 14 pin connector. Pin 1 shows 14.4 volts. Pin 2 shows 14.4 volts. Ground pin 4 would jump between 1 and 15 ohms and OL (overload, which is the default state for ohms on my Klein MM300 multimeter when...
  12. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Here are my results: Push tilt up: 12 and 3: closed 12 and 8: open (fail) Pull tilt down: 12 and 3: closed 12 and 6: open (fail) Push slide up 12 and 6: closed Pull slide down 12 and 8: closed Push shade up: 12 and 4 closed Pull shade down 12 and 9 closed What's interesting is the...
  13. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Hahahahahaha. Touché. Luckily people say he looks just like me. I don't know if that's an insult to him or me (is he that ugly or do I look like a baby?).
  14. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

I haven't yet. Busy week (wife had a baby boy!) I plan to test it this weekend.
  15. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

This is awesome. Thank you for providing this. Now I just need to find the time to sit and fiddle with this. Just to be sure my testing procedure is right, I put my multimeter into continuity/circuit mode, and (for example, the top row test) put my multimeter common contact on pin 12, and the...
  16. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Hmmm how do I test this? I drove it at night and the headlights in the rear view did not seem annoyingly bright. Not sure how to say with certainty the auto dimming feature is working. Also, I did check fuse 8 under the hood. Not blown. Also pulling it disables the sun shade so that is not the...
  17. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

I tried the above steps several times. No movement or noise from the sunroof. Next suggestion? Thank you!
  18. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Okay thank you for the tip. I just want to be clear with the push button start turning the ignition on is just starting the car, correct? Or is there a way to mimmick a key ignition where you can have the ignition in the on position but the engine off? Thank you
  19. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Hi folks, I just bought a 2013 explorer limited. I neglected to test the moonroof as it was raining during the test drive. I can open and close the shade but the tilt and slide buttons do nothing. No noise or movement. Is this a common problem? What should I do to start troubleshooting this? I...
Back